Are RAA weight limits going up?

Sloper

Goodaye all

l have searched and cant find a definative answer, also see it is hot topic with a lot of yeh's and nehs.

Have or when, if, are the MTOW weights going up for RAA registration here?

regards Bruce

Hi Sloper, as far as i know it has been knocked on the head for the time being.I think from what i have read in articles, apparently some of the GA community (mostly training organizations)feel abit threaten by RAA, in regards to us having a weight increase and competing in a/c of a similar weight etc.Anyway, i dont realy see the problem, we still can only have a maximum of two seats. Cheers

l was wondering which had been approved, 600kg or 750kg'sregards Bruce

HI bruce 600 kgs LSA 24 reg or 544 kg 24 reg etc. :big_grin: NO 750kg at the moment.I think it will be a fair way down the track.I hope this helps you mate

Guest basscheffers

The way I understand it, under part 103 (when we get it...) all aircraft capable of doing so by type certificate will be allowed up to 600kg, LSA or not.

As example, a J230 that is allowed 700KG under a GA rego, will be allowed 600 (up from 544) in RA-Aus.

760KG is dead in the water for now.

The question is: when will we get part 103? Probably not for a while, but the project to implement certain parts of 103 early is still moving forward. And that includes 600KG, as far as I am aware.

But it is a bit ... complicated.