Easter Natfly?

markendee

Before I get into strife I will say that Easter is not a problem for me. That said I was wondering if it would be better to hold Natfly away from the Easter break?

Our aircraft do not hold the whole family and Easter is traditionally a family time. Most people could arrange a Friday and Monday off given enough notice to turn an ordinary weekend into the required time.

I first began thinking of this when several people I spoke to told me they could not make Natfly because of family Easter commitments and one friend whose business relies on trading over Easter.

Is there a reason it is held then or just that it has always been held over Easter?

Your thoughts.

Mark D

How many leave early Sunday or fly in early Saturday and then leave later in the day?

Seemed to be the case when I attended in 2008. This could be because of weather or family Easter commitments.

regards

Natfly at easter.

There are plenty of competing things put on then. Accommodation is at a premium, and you have ROAD congestion around major cities, and highways. IF you fly in you cannot carry much with you, so often need to "tee" up with someone else driving there, to carry your gear. Easter is one time that one should consider staying home. Nev.

Guest ron dunn

I feel that no matter what time of the year it is, there will be a number that would not be able to take time off.

As I am semi-retired, any time would suit me but Easter is opportune because we continue on to see our daughter at Wollongong.

Cheers

Another time would be good. With warning most of us can arrange a day or so off.

As my family are scattered Easter and Christmas are off the list as its the only time they get to see me.

It would be great if the organisers could consider another time.

Fly Safe

Bec

I also found Easter difficult due to work & distance. In previous years it was not possible to get Thursday off (we were road building and had to get the road open and break camp), then a 17 hour drive to arrive late Friday (to find half the action was over).

We had been planning to fly an ultralight to Narromine this year, but now it has moved to Temora it has become a little too marginal in the time available.

The advantage of Easter is that everyone remembers it, whereas waiting for a weekend to be announced might turn a few off. The disadvantage is that accommodation is usually under pressure from people travelling and visiting family.

It's one of those things - what suits one, won't suit the other.

Sue