ERSA binder

Guest Gomer

OK. I know that there are no dumb questions, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any dumb actions! While purchasing a copy of ERSA last week, I figured that I'd get the loose leaf version on the basis that it would be easier to replace updated pages, and have the "pages in use" on my clipboard, etc, etc.

What I didn't know was that it's drilled to "the industry standard 7 ring pattern", which doesn't come within a bull's roar of fitting into the commonly available 2 ring folders. :bad computer:

Does anyone know where you can get a binder to fit - ignoring the $120 leather bound versions like the one on the Air Services website? Alternatively, I guess I can get this copy bound at work and just purchase the spiral bound version from now on, but it did seem like a good idea...

I used to get the loose leaf version of ersa and found the binder for it too bulky and impractical in the cockpit environment so I used a couple of plastic shower curtain rings and that works very well:big_grin: (what Mazda says.

now I just get the normal ersa..

Gomer 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif - I feel your pain. :yuk: Been there and suffered the same. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

I now spend the extra few dollars :black_eye: and get the spiral bound version (sigh) i_dunno

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

Officeworks???I have Air Services vinyl one...no longer available???

I think that Air Services has a vinyl one, but it's only 30mm thick so it doesn't fit ERSA, and Officeworks only has the 2 ring type. It'll be spiral bound in future - I've just got to work out which of your suggestions to apply for this time. :confused:

A long-ish piece of string would also work.

Just "stitch" it down the back of the pages needed.

Me: I prefere the bigger spiral bound one. The "benefit" of being able to take only the needed pages on a flight is off-set by the hassel of having to put them back when done, and all that stuff.

Though I must admit, it is a pain when the ERSA gets wet. You didn't lose a few pages, you lose it all. :(

But I can live with that.

If I want single pages... I just print them out from Airservices... in saying that though, I still take the ERSA (spiral bound) with me! And put 'stick-its' in all the aerodromes I might happen to need marked on them, and in the right spot to enable quick access.