Hi

mikeh

Hi All,

Haven't posted here before. I finished building a Drifter about 8 years ago and still fly it. I've started building a Murphy Rebel and hope to fly it before Xmas.

I got my ultralight license at about 50 years of age and Chuck Yeager is right, there are no natural pilots! At least not living at my place.I found an extra coffee before lessons was a help, but not always the complete solution.

Building both has been a learning curve, as well as flying the Drifter. I think flying the Murphy will be another learning experience.

Are there any other Murphy builders/flyers out there?

Cheers Mike

Thanks dazza. Hangar space at Tyagarah has always been difficult to near impossible. The best approach is to visit often and ask around, a space comes up occaisionally but you need to be on the spot. Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike, yes hangar spaces are as rare as honest politicians LOL. Their is a private strip just north west of murwillumba, it is/was for sale, recently.They only want 1.6 million for it. Now all i have to do is win the Lotto ha, ha.

Gooday Mike, not quite a Murphy builder, but close! I chose a BushCaddy from the other side of Canada (near Montreal) Similar mission and performance & I often get asked if mine is a Murphy. Great spot, Tyagarah - I camped overnight alongside the clubhouse a couple of years ago. (And poured down, too) It didn't look much used then, so things must have picked up since.

I trust you will get as enjoyment out of building the Rebel as I got with the BC

Hi John,

I have seen a Bush Caddy a couple of times at Narromine, it looked pretty good and its owner was very happy with it. I didn't catch his name but have a feeling he was from Qld. Please don't tell me it was you!

There is a long story about the lack of use of the clubhouse which a few of us are trying to correct. The rest of the facility rolls along pretty well most of the time though. Keep an eye out for chutes and gliders in the area when passing.

After I finished building the Drifter I said "Never Again" but am really enjoying this one. When it flies I'll need to decide whether to build another or build a house...........I've never done a house before. Cheers Mike

Sorry Mike, I'm not aware of any other BushCaddies ever going to Narromine. It must have been mine in 2007 and 2008. There is one in Qld. now based at Boonah, another at Townsville and a kit soon to be built somewhere else in Qld. Another one is rapidly nearing completion here in Midnorth SA.

PS We built our house before I built the BushCaddy. Big mistake - it held up the plane building by years! You've got the right idea, flying first.