Wanaka airshow in NZ.

flying dog

Yeah, I know it is a bit "early" but it will be Easter before we know it.

I'm seriously thinking of going - Pat Malone.

Ofcourse I'll be looking for a place to stay. Wanaka would be better.

Anyone here live at/in/very close to Wanaka? Got a spare room? I'm house trained! 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I'm GOING!

Plane tickets bought. Accommodation paid for!

Quick question:

I'll get there on the Friday - afternoon, late-ish. Probably not much left to do that day.

There Sat/Sun. Returning Sun from Queenstown.

I've been told a GOLD pass is worth getting, but from what I see, they are only a three day pass and although not "that expensive" I'm wondering what others say about their "value"?

Please it is getting close and I need to buy the tickets soon as they are running out if I want to get one.

Thanks in advance.

Update:I'm GOING!

Plane tickets bought. Accommodation paid for!

Quick question:

I'll get there on the Friday - afternoon, late-ish. Probably not much left to do that day.

There Sat/Sun. Returning Sun from Queenstown.

I've been told a GOLD pass is worth getting, but from what I see, they are only a three day pass and although not "that expensive" I'm wondering what others say about their "value"?

Please it is getting close and I need to buy the tickets soon as they are running out if I want to get one.

Thanks in advance.

Hi FD, we are staying at wanaka, we aquired silver passes 3-days, $80 extra a day,you get, grand stand seating, seperate area for food, Booze.If would like to catch up, let me know.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Dazza,

Sure I don't mind catching up.

I'm kicking my self after Evan's Head. I meant to catch up with a lot of people, and forgot. Got caught up in the task at hand.

My accommodation is in/at Wanaka too. (Goodie goodie)

Oh, ok....

Found the hotel where I am staying.

Is the show at the actual Wanaka airport? I am trying to scope things out so when I get there, there won't be any (or less) problems.

Uping my Situaltional Awareness. ;)

Guest Pioneer200

yes the show is at wanaka airport, its such a beautiful part of our country, if you are flying into Queenstown hope for a clear day, it is one of the best views in the world and a great approach into the airport.:thumb_up:

Thanks. Yeah, ITMT I "discovered" it is at the airport.

You going to be there?

I am quite happy to meet anyone on the forum who will be there. It would be nice.

Anyway, bye for now.

Kia ora bro'.

Guest Pioneer200

no ,flying dog, can't make it this year, have never been actually!!

Is on my to do list, I may go next time round(2 years time) and fly down to Cromwell a few days before and drive round to Wanaka.Its only about a hour and a half flight in the Jab 160 from where I live!!:big_grin:

I went in 2000 and 2002. magnificent! ...but I do believe it has been taken over by bean counters and the quality of the show is not what it use to be. Please tell me I am wrong when you get back. That part of the country is fantastic. Take warm clothes as there was snow on them there hills. Show is at the Airport with great displays of tractors, military and everything else mechanical. I can still hear the rumbling of all those Polikarpov flying over head!

If I recall Cromwell is only about a half hour drive to Wanaka and Queenstown around an hour. I love Queenstown. Lunch at the Irish Pub looking over the lake! I use to sit there and ponder as to why no one had set up a float plane scenic company off that lake. Other than low cloud would be perfect.

Wish I was going...049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Scotty :thumb_up:

Oh, ok....Found the hotel where I am staying.

Is the show at the actual Wanaka airport? I am trying to scope things out so when I get there, there won't be any (or less) problems.

Uping my Situaltional Awareness. ;)

Hi FD, (sorry for not responding earlier, been away) we are staying at the Grand Mecure (sounds like a drink ha ha) hotel.My Number is 0413 200 506.( i dont mind putting my number here, i used to advertise in the yellow pages. The only people who rang me were, was heaps of people trying to sell me something LOL):big_grin:

Dazza,

I tried to call you "today" (Tuesday) at about 09:20 local time - Sydney.

No answer.

You have my number when you get time if you want to chat.

I will NOT be taking the phone with me. I can live without it and it is only 4 days.

TTYL.

Dazza, thanks much.

I have already bought a Silver ticket for Sunday and bought a General admission one for Saturday. BOTH paid for already.

If you want, I could give your "sig' other" my day pass to save you buying one on the day.

Ofcourse we will have to organise meeting on Friday afternoon/evening.

TTYL.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks FD, leaving tonight to go to stay at a friends place, 5 km from the airport.To save the traffice dramas going in the morning. see you soon. Ps- to everybody else, have a great easter at Nat fly, or were every you guys are over easter.Cheers