Pacific Flyer Monthly Photo Competition - March 2010

February has been a bit quiet too. Don't you people want a 6 month subscription to the awesome Pacific Flyer magazine?

Even though I'm not particularly happy with Angela after a 3 page spread of photos from Evans Head but not a single shot of a particular Cheetah (what's the go - over-exposure?), she still deserves our support. My Luskintyre photo was published.

So get snapping, or even just dig through your collection and post it here. You may get lucky. You may even win a subscription.

Don't forget to have a high resolution version of your photo available for publication, and to send it to Angela at [email protected] when she announces the winners.

Also remember that if you didn't take the picture, the person who did needs to give permission for publication.

Let's call it a joint effort Darky. Yes Spin, the lass sampled the delights of spotty goodness yesterday, and we were treated to some spectacular sights. Hopefully she will show more of the photos when she gets time. Some of them looked fantastic on the camera.

I'll definitely put the rest up but it might not be until this time next week (I have limited internet here, so I might wait until I get home to Melbourne). There are a fair few awesome shots there :) The spotty beast is good for photography it seems

Another one dredged out from the past...

Returning overhead the field on April 3, 1994 at the end of a 'dawn patrol' during the SAAA's then annual national fly-in and airshow at Mangalore. We used to have a competition to see who could be first airborne in the mornings - bugger the campers!

We're heading south here and you can see a few wisps of radiation fog lying around. Mike Grasso's Mini-MAX 10-1429 is just above the intersection and you can see the numerous other aircraft on the field. Shot from Martin Hone's Karatoo 28-0912. Happy memories! :)

Guest Maj Millard

Great shot overhead Mangalore there Pilthy.....

'Phwoar'....is that a word Darky, or some secret Lawyer speak ???????:confused:..........Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

paha, I was messing around with my webcam last week and took some piccies.

I think I've partly got that piccy up now to see what people say about it. I've been told I look tired (which I was at the time I admit), about 3 people have told me I look 'sultry' (which I took as a compliment) and now I apparantly look unhappy 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I've been told I look tired (which I was at the time I admit).

The regla's from the chat, would agree you look like that often! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

:black_eye:

Virtually every person in town came out to the airport after work to look at the aircraft when the Federation Airshows in the Outback made a night stop in Hughenden. Chief attraction was Constellation 'Southern Preservation', with DC-3 VH-AES 'Hawdon' and various light aircraft behind. After all, it's not every day a Super Connie drops in to an out-of-the-way place like Hughenden!

I just came across this one and don't remember posting it before, so I thought I'd share.At Natfly last year.

Great photo Slarti; I remember that storm coming through. I think you took the shot from the perfect place... on the ground!