Annual Clifton Fly-in - 14 March 2010

Tomo

G'day all

Just informing you of the Annual Clifton fly-in on the 14 March (this month).

I'm not sure if I'll be there, but possibly in the afternoon if anything.

It is usually a hugely populated event. Details below -

“ Annual Clifton Fly- In ”

Latitude S 27 55.66 Longitude E 151 50.85 Freq 126.7 multicom

Elevation 1500, Runway 06/24, 800meters. Right hand circuits for 06

6 km west of Clifton , adjacent the Clifton-Leyburn Road , 24 nautical miles south of Toowoomba

Sunday 14th March 2010

From 8am.

-Pilots please register at Canteen upon arrival

-Pilots and crew welcome to stay Saturday evening 13th for a BBQ dinner, hangar talk and what’s not happening

in aviation

-On field camping, bring your swag

-Sunday Morning Breakfast a dvise for catering please

-Avgas/Mogas by a rrangement Cheque or cash

See various types, shapes sizes and models of recreational, ultralight and homebuilt aircraft including sport, vintage, general aviation and any other flying machine

Open to the Public, no admission fees

Fly or drive in, bring family and friends for an enjoyable outing

FILLET STEAK BURGERS, TEA, COFFEE, COLD DRINKS.

for Clifton Airfield details: refer to ERSA

Fly-In Information phone 0429 378 370 or a/h 07 4695 8541

Email: trevorbange @bigpond.com

• 2 weeks later...

I, unfortunately didn't make it either. Had a hundred three things come up and couldn't get away in time to be of much use. The weather has turned very foul for flying, blowing like there's no tomorrow, and raining in places.

Interested also if anyone got there, did you Dunlopdangler?

Guest Maj Millard

I was there !!....well sort of, (I could hear planes in the background) a friend called me from there to ask about a Fisher Tiger Moth look-a-like that he was looking at, which is for sale. Anybody know anything about it ?. Yellow and White ?, being sold by the family of a deceased gentleman............................................................................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

G'day All

Was at Clifton today. Aircraft Numbers were down on usual attendance with the weather a major contributing factor. But it was actually better than had been predicted, Well until the scud showers started to come through in the afternoon. And plenty of flying was had with aircraft buzzing around most of the duration of the event.

G'day Maj

The aircraft you make reference to is indeed a Fisher Classic. The gent who owned it passed on late last year. He was indeed a very proud owner of that aircraft.

I have attached a couple of images of the Aircraft......

Regards

Scott

Ah yes I know that aircraft, I may be mistaken but the old Gent who owned it was named George, he was such a nice fella, he did some training down here at Boonah many many years ago, sad to hear he passed.

Guest Maj Millard

ScottW, Thanks for the fine photos. Looks like the builder has done a real nice job on the aircraft. I see it is the small fisher, not the Tigermoth copy which they also did. The Classic is also a good aircraft, and flys well. Cheers, thanks again .................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

NO, had to go to toowoomba 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif some things I am told are a little more important than what I want to do:helmet:

Ah, a man's lament! I had good intentions but also a pile of files staring me in the face, so opted out of what looked like a long drive for possibly little return. Good to hear that there was still a good turnout, well done - maybe next time.

So what's next, David Hack(?), no way I'm missing that!

• 1 year later...

G'day Sara

Not sure who bought it, The aircraft I believe has gone to Caboolture? There maybe someone who could confirm that.

But I know that it was involved in a not too serious incident at Clifton post purchase. I believe it had to make a forced landing due powerplant issues in a paddock near the airfield but that is all i can tell you and hopefully someone else might be able to fill in the rest of the gaps.