Natfly Newby Looking for company on the way

HunterJ

Greetings all

Just wondering if anyone from up North was transiting through the Gunnedah area very early on Friday morning who might want to form up with a flyin 'virgin'?

The 'cook' (her first trip) and I are flying in a Tecnam P92 leaving at first light (if the weather gods are good to us) from SkyRanch (Lake Keepit) stopping at Dubbo to top up fuel then straight (bypassing Forbes of course) to Temora.

Cheers

HunterJ

I was going to put my hand up but I'm from Forbes. Seems that you have some sort of problem with us. Strange thing to post and a good way to get offside with us. Hope I'm standing there if the weather turns to crap and you have to land there. Maybe I've misunderstood you, in which case accept my appologies.

Don't be offended Skyhog - nothing personal!

Was told today that the National Aerobatic Champs are on there over Easter so thought it best to give them their space and track to the east a bit! Will get the Notam overnight to confirm but it sounds like my informant may have it all wrong.

Quite like Forbes actually, have been there quite a few times by road and one of the places we had considered for an o'nighter just for the hell of it.

Cheers

HunterJ

Don't be offended Skyhog - nothing personal! Was told today that the National Aerobatic Champs are on there over Easter so thought it best to give them their space and track to the east a bit! Will get the Notam overnight to confirm but it sounds like my informant may have it all wrong.

Quite like Forbes actually, have been there quite a few times by road and one of the places we had considered for an o'nighter just for the hell of it.

Cheers

HunterJ

The Aerobatics are at Parkes, not Forbes.

Yeah I think so. I've got the opportunity to fly a 1944 Piper Cub to Natfly. The owner will be my passenger so it's up to him what time we depart. We will also be following a 1 place Thruster which has to stop at West Wyalong for a refuel from our groundcrew/swagcarriers. We will aim to catch him just before Temora and fly with him and mention his presence as he has no radio. I will talk to them tomorrow and let you know.

Sounds like a plan. We aim to be off by 07:00 at a 90kt cruize tracking straight to Dubbo and back in the air after refuelling by 09:15.

Will redo my plan tomorrow to bypass Parkes to the west I think, unless you can suggest an alternative, then overfly Forbes and track straight to Temora.

Will send my contact details by PM.

Cheers

HunterJ

Winsor68, Ha Ha good point. I haven't flown it yet but I've been told it will have 10-15kt on the Thruster. It's a great looking aircraft and gets plenty of attention wherever it goes.