Red Bull Air Race - Who's going?

Guest ozzie

Channel 7 (today tonite) just showed some footage of the incident from the river bank and from the tail mounted camera. looks like he overcoked it and ended up almost inverted. lost some height and rolled back upright as he hit the water. looked like it had stalled.

lucky lucky man.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]according to comments by the poster of the video, after the engine had the overrev, it cut out, if the engine failed, then he would have lost an immense amount of energy in the high G turn, and only had enough energy left to roll level and ditch. or the overspeed could have been a CSU governor failing?

sorry about the language...

what amazes me is the skill involved.

your pulling very high g so when and then something goes very wrong and he had the sense to roll it level so quickly.

i guess it goes to show why these pilots are some of the best in the world.

he made it so he could walk away from this crash.

hopefully he will be back on that horse in no time

Sounds ok to me Mike, I reckon 10.30am at Manhattens Bar for a coffee or 2 would be good before seeing the action start at around 11.45 or a bit later if we start telling too many lies;) and having a good time.Any other takers? Come on, don't be shy:laugh:

Pud

I'm looking forward to meeting up at Manhattens on Sunday morning. Are we still on Mike? Anyone else want to join in?

Pud

Guest mike_perth

Yeah I should be there Im a bit concerned about the unlimited drinks package on Saturday as I dont have the "bounce back" I used to have but I should be home by 6 so a good nights sleep should see me recover ok! I Hope!!

Pud if you like PM me your mobile number and if theres any change i.e. im too hungover ill sms you and let you know

Mike

Yeah I should be there Im a bit concerned about the unlimited drinks package on Saturday as I dont have the "bounce back" I used to have but I should be home by 6 so a good nights sleep should see me recover ok! I Hope!!Pud if you like PM me your mobile number and if theres any change i.e. im too hungover ill sms you and let you know

Mike

G'day Mike,

I sent you a PM on 6th April with my mobile number so if you'd like to send me your mobile number I can contact you too.

Cheers,

Pud

when does it start? Officially

Go here Tomo Schedule - Tourism Western Australia

Paul Bonhomme is in 1st place going into Sunday with our boy Matt Hall sitting in 7th. It would be good to see Matt do well in front of his home crowd.

I'll be at the Manhatten Bar and Cafe in Victoria Park around 10.30am for a coffee if anyone feels like joining in before going to see the action, which kicks off around 11.45am.

Pud