First mockup on my new CT graphics

Admin

Hi

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the first mockups on the graphics for my new CT - out of the three I think No 3 is the better one (note these are only the first mockups) - any thoughts?

IMG_0243-1a.jpg.b1f5a47d10f327010ee9dbc3553ab17a.jpg

IMG_0243-2b.jpg.2ef434db3037016a4933876f5a14a51c.jpg

IMG_0243-3c.jpg.38f18d794ceaf097fa281ec9e03ef5f1.jpg

Yes I tend to agree Ian.....the CT needs the fore/aft colour line running without interruption the full length of the fuselage and sweeping up the fin to reduce the "egg" shape appearance which is very obvious when you look at the unpainted CTs.

Regards

Dave

I was thinking of a Recreational Flying sticker on my rear car window. Mind if I do a mock-up and post a pic here?Ross

- Not a problem Ross. When I get back to Melb at the end of the month I will start looking into the merchandise for the store like shirts, caps, car stickers etc so a mockup would be good for me to start from.Re the CT, having a look at them now i am not really happy with any of them - the third one as the best of bunch but I think the line needs to be lifted up higher across the door and the thicker part behind the door needs to be thinned out a bit or even removed but then I am getting back to my old one - I just can't seem to better the graphics on my last one :confused:

Guest pelorus32

Ian,

are there any issues with differential heating on composites? If there are then areas - quite large in some of the examples - of darker colours will generally cause substantial heating of the substrate.

Its certainly an issue with boats:;)3:

Regards

Mike

Ian...I think less colour near the cabin area is better and yes, lifting the line higher would improve the appearance.

I also added an Aussie flag to both sides of the fin to break up the large expanse of white as I have the line running straight through to the end of the fuselage rather than sweeping up the fin.

Regards

Dave

Flag.thumb.JPG.882876b4704300c628f92310d4c05b77.JPG

Ian,are there any issues with differential heating on composites? If there are then areas - quite large in some of the examples - of darker colours will generally cause substantial heating of the substrate.

Its certainly an issue with boats:;)3:

Regards

Mike

Mike, yes there is on normal composites but (from the CT website):

1. The CT is finished in a two-part polyurethane paint which is very UV resistant. Beautiful and easy to take care of, the CT polyurethane finish will last years when properly maintained.

2. The CT structure is made from very latest carbon fiber construction with rigid foam core and epoxy matrix with vacuum technology. All supporting structure consists of Carbon and/or Aramid fibers. All materials used in the construction are from Western suppliers and correspond to either DIN or aviation standards. The CT flying surfaces are post cured at 80°C (176°F) as it is customary in aircraft construction.

and I was reading somewhere that you can with the CT cover a lot of it without any adverse effects HOWEVER, before I go ahead with any colour scheme I will be running it past Flight Design in Germany first just to make sure - thanks for reminding me of that Mike 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Chris, I said to Dipankar that I wanted something different to my first one but I spent a lot of time on that one to make it something I really liked including the orange and even after my notes above about the raising of the stripe under the door and making the area behind the door smaller I realised I'm coming back to my first one again which is the problem trying to better it - aaarrgh how frustrating:

1_New_CT.JPG

MUCH MUCH nicer lines to me...maybe could come up a touch but NICE!! I like the spats like that too...

- 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif it means I have gone back to the same as my old one but just different colours and no flames

Guest AusDarren
maybee a nice silver & blue "powered by Jabiru" sticker

your a cheeky sod Turtle!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

At least wait till its due for an overhaul;)

Regards,

AusDarren

Umm, thanks for that Ross - does the slartibartfast have to stay on it due to copyright 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif - two things, very costly to print and two, the web address isn't on it but not a bad looking banner I must say ;)

Paul, this is the latest that I have sent back to Dipankar with a note to lets try some colours that are within the logo and see what it looks like.

chris.jpg.a239c3b54099c8c56b5cf55ef4487a6e.jpg

Oh yeah - that's what I meant to do. The web address.

The slarti is for my car only. Feel free to make one with your name 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Try this. Unfortunately I don't have anything like the font you used installed ATM. Probably something on a disk somewhere.

[ATTACH]735[/ATTACH]

PS - I'm posting in this thread 'coz this is where we talked about it. Didn't seem worth a new thread. I don't mean to hijack.

708287561_recflyingsticker.png.f0e4df2cbac718a9140dea11c0196339.png

Guest pelorus32

Ummm...Hikacking the thread...I'm sure someone has already said this, and no offense meant:big_grin:

Imagine that you are drawing the pictures for the new Thomas the Tank Engine book (this is for all those parents out there!). You have to draw a picture of Albie. Albie is the Fat Controller's new airplane. Now it is a dead cert that Albie would be a CT. He would have the same body and the same tail and his main gear would tilt forward the same way and have the same spats...

I can just see a career in drawing airplanes for picture books...and all based on a CT:;)3:

My point is that every time I look at a CT I get this overwhelming feeling that whoever drew the lines was pretty clever. It looks like a caricature of an aircraft - how an idealised, even stylised aircraft would be. It makes me happy, I want to laugh at the over-rightness of it.

Ummm...maybe I should stop whimsicalising and go to work:big_grin:

Regards

Mike

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif - Mike, you probably don't realise how close you are to the truth when you know about the background of the CT.

Did you know it was never meant to be built let alone actually fly. It was simply a design project back in the mid 90's by aviation students at Stuttgart University in Germany. They were tasked, utilising all the resources of the university including wind tunnels, advanced technology, futuristic materials etc. to design the most efficient and best light sports aircraft - but it had to be real and possible.

A year later the owner of Flight Design in Germany who were at the time making powered chutes heard about this so called futuristic aircraft that had been designed and set out to get a copy of the design project. CT which stands for Composite Technology was then born and Flight Design started manufacturing the aircraft although there were some small changes - so I am told - to make it financially feasible in today's market place. The new CTsw has options like thicker materials on things like the spats, engine cowling etc that is more in line with the original design project.

It really is interesting how the CT actually came about.

Guest palexxxx
It looks like a caricature of an aircraft - how an idealised, even stylised aircraft would be. It makes me happy, I want to laugh at the over-rightness of it.

Ummm...maybe I should stop whimsicalising and go to work:big_grin:

Regards

Mike

When I think of a caricature of an aircraft, I think of the Nexaer.

What do you think?

Peter.