Hi from Gympie

Hi all.

Just started flying after dreaming about it since I was knee high to the proverbial. Have 4 hours now, on a Sportstar out of Gympie , where we moved 18 months ago after finding Brissie too busy.... Trying to get 2 flights a week in, and boy, talk about fun!!! Better than I expected.

Took my daughter (who is on her way to a Commercial Licence - jealous? - who, me???) to the Wide Bay airshow at Bundaberg last year, and found out about recreational certificates (thought it was all PPL up till then) and finally managed to convince the treasurer that this was a good thing for me to do. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hope one day to buy a plane (probably a share in one) but let's get that certificate first.

Cheers

Gerry

Hey mate, great story! Welcome along here also, you'll find it great fun! :thumb_up:

Let us know your progress... and have fun! :big_grin:

Guest Decca

Hi Gerry, welcome to our forums. There'll be plenty here to interest you, too.

Somebody once told me pigs fly, so I gather there's a connection between Horses & you flying, please fill us in.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

] so I gather there's a connection between Horses & you flying, please fill us in.

Indeed, curious about horse feathers too 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif :clown:

Guest Maj Millard

Welcome Gerry, So we might meet up with you at Monto then ?????...............Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Welcome Gerry, So we might meet up with you at Monto then ?????...............Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Thanks for the greet, Major.

It might be a little while before I can take up that invite , but maybe when i do my cross country cert, I'll drop in for a cuppa

Cheers

gerry

Gerry I'm taking the plunge and moving to Gympie this year, hope to see you around the airfieldRobert:thumb_up:

Hi Robert,

let me know when you arrive - I'll see if I can organise a shandy or three.

Cheers

Gerry

Hi Horsefeathers, welcome to the group. Say hi to Alex Mercer for me please, he flies out of Gympie too, tell him I'm still in the same place and the strip is always mowed LOL.

Mate make sure you make it to MONTO for the June weekend even if you have to drive there, it will be cold but worth it.

Cheers DAVO..:thumb_up: