microair intercom

Hi all, I have a microair 760 in our Fox Bat and find that when talking with the passanger it is very hissy. The vox must also be adjusted to cut out noise on take off and then reset to 22 for rest of flight. It has been suggested to install a pm501 intercom to overcome the pilot/ copilot conversation noise (hiss/ engine noise). Does an intercom system realy overcome these problems ? A recent comment went along the line that the radio is a weak link in the system , often with problems. any help appreciated ... Pete

Yeah my 760 intercom works great, VOX runs between 4 and 6

There is gain control for headsets mic which may need adjustment - screw hole in side of M760 P onwards I think

Phone Microair tech's are quite good over phone

I have an issue where it sounds like theres hiss when not talking at all - discussions with Microair suggest its feedback through Aux input and I should ground this

Airborne usually offer / install a Lynx intercom ( and headsets ) with a microair radio, and they seem to work fine and are noise free. Maybe they use this system because of the more difficult exposed open cockpit situation. ????

Not really helping with a Microair fix, and if others use and have success as it seems then probably best to pursue those avenues before spending more $

From my point of view for what it is worth.

Some Micro did not have vox. I pressume you are comfortable that yours does. As to the adjustment from take off I pressume you are meaning you are on full revs. What Motor do you have? It would seem to me you have some electrical interference and that is why it becomes bad when vox opens. A filter will/might fix it. Call me if you want. Jim

Austec.