The media make me sick

Jayz

On the news today Quants has another engine problem on take off but all was good pilots don't lift off runway and when safe the pilots told passengers that the engine-had cooked its self, but it has me mad in the next breath the reporter was like "this comes only months after an engine on a Quants air bus exploded in air grounding all there fleet" with pictures of the burnt out airbus engine for most of the report. How much longer are they the media going to keep on ripping Quants to the ground I think they are a safe airline with great experienced pilots. The media should wake up itself and report on the story at hand and stop dramatizing everything...just my thoughts augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif

Jayz it makes me more mad to know that you don't know how to spell QANTAS. It stands for Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service.

The media is just doing what it always does, and always will.

Jayz it makes me more mad to know that you don't know how to spell QANTAS. It stands for Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service.

Should have double checked spell check on iPad

I have always been a very bad speller, I have a restaurant in gosford on the central coast and I dare not to ever write the specials on the board any more the few times I have we have a school very close by and will always get a teacher in or a custom that will say " you have spelt snitzle wrong it's schnitzel!!! I always reply with " well it got you to read the special board didn't it" lol

. But I guess you will have even more respect for our National Carrier. Hope to see you at Longreach one day where it all began.

Blackrod I will get there one day have always wanted to go and take a look...

We all know the Media is not the best when it comes to accuracy.There was a blooper a few years ago. It was a American news show that was reporting about floods in NSW. Anyway it went like this from memory. Anchor man -" There is wide spread flooding in Australia."Then they went to a film clip.It showed the floods in NSW, and only mentioned NSW in the clip. Then back at the studio Anchor man says " I apologize the floods where not in australia but NSW". Then the Anchor Woman says with a WTF expression on her face." NSW is a state of Australia. Anchor man- "Oh is it".LOL

Jayz, we can forgive the spelling if you keep up with the enthusiastic posts! I'm sure David is more annoyed with your teachers than you. But I guess you will have even more respect for our National Carrier. Hope to see you at Longreach one day where it all began.

Come on guys... Terms like National Carrier are a bit outdated. And as for respect in regards to Qantas... Not too much of that left these days. We need to stop living in the past.

Although a visit to the Museum at Longreach would be a good idea... its important to know our history... even if much of it has been edited.

We all know the Media is not the best when it comes to accuracy.There was a blooper a few years ago. It was a American news show that was reporting about floods in NSW. Anyway it went like this from memory. Anchor man -" There is wide spread flooding in Australia."Then they went to a film clip.It showed the floods in NSW, and mentioned only mentioned NSW in the clip. Then back at the studio Anchor man says " I apologize the floods where not in australia but NSW". Then the Anchor Woman says with a WTF expression on her face." NSW is a state of Australia. Anchor man- "Oh is it".LOL

Lmao that's a good one. Some of them have no idea and as blackrod said about the looting in QLD one of those guys was actuly saving his friends boat who's car had already been washed away get the facts right before running a 5 minute story with faulse info and pictures..

My main reason for this post it just that the reporter in the QANTAS ( there spelt it corect and saved to spell check ) news footage is showing the airbus engine with the side blown out of it while saying that the passengers of the 747 seen black smoke poring from the engine.

Come on guys... Terms like National Carrier are a bit outdated. .

Yeh true gone are those days would love to get out to the museum but. Is there any fly inns out to there that you know of ???

Guest Maj Millard

There was a time not too long ago, when QANTAS did not suffer regular engine failures, as it seems to do now, in fact it was known for not having engine failures.

It is not too much to expect that when you plonk down considerable amounts of hard-earned cash, that the engines may have a fair chance of staying in one piece, most of the time. These are relativly new, high-end commercial jetliners after all.

Todays engines (and aircraft) are of a very high state of development, and should be extremly reliable. Unfortunatly all airlines "farm out" their engine maintenance these days to whoever, (1) is available at the time (2) can do it at the right price IE: as cheap as possible.

Industry maintenance magazines are full of engine overhaul company adds, all vying for the airlines business. You would be surprised to hear where some of these companies are situated.

Additionally QANTAS always used to 'pull' their engines early, before they were due, to ensure good reliability and service. I don't suspect they have the same policy now.

I do agree that QANTAS has great pilots, and those pilots are also in demand by overseas airlines because of there training and skill.

Frankly QANTAS does need to sort out it's engine failure problems, and if they don't they'll need all the skillfull pilots they can find, as demonstrated on the Singapore A380 episode.

Or maybe when you board an A380 you get a little bit of paper saying... No1 engine has been done in Spain. No2 in Shanghai. No3 in Singapore, and No4 in Texas.......So folks we recommend you keep an eye on No2......And by the way the aircraft had it's last major check in Taipei. The crew however is mostly Australian. We trust you have a comfotable flight ! ..........................................................................Maj..

Winsor68, what is so bad about living in the past sometimes? I am just finishing reading Smithy's story, in it the trials and tribulations of the then newly born Q.A.N.T.A.S are detailed - I think all Australians and especially ALL pilots should have the utmost time and respect for the pioneers of aviation in this country, and therefore be proud of the airline that QANTAS has become today.....

Are you saying that you have lost respect for QANTAS due to them having a couple of engine failures? How about some congratulations to the expert pilots who brought their giant crippled aeroplanes back to earth safely?

Surely as ultralight pilots a couple of engine failures shouldn't scare us.....

:oh yeah:Davey, you need to remember where Donald, (windsor 68) works - take his comment in context. I don't think Qantas has forfeited its title of national carrier/flag carrier, or at least not yet.

Off topic; have you heard from either Greg or Dave Briffa - not sure whether either of them were in the firing line of the floods and haven't had a response to my text yet?

Spin... The industry I work in puts context on my comments... (I work for Mackay Aviation Services... VirginBlue contractors mostly)... I am basing my comments on an inside knowledge of the industry and the practices I have personally witnessed over the years from Qantas through its policies and employees.

It is amazing the number of non-airline people who asked of the recent IT failure at VirginBlue "Do you it was Qantas sabatage?" This is based upon those people's experiences of Qantas and its practices... and its history over the last few years when it lost its "National Carrier" privileges and became just another "foreign" Australian company.

I guess at least our government has stepped back and finally started to open the books for competition...this is good for all of us.

Please don't make me go into the specifics of the dirty practices I have witnessed personally from them... it will take too long.

Qantas is a good enough airline... I would be happy to fly with them... I don't see any problems with safety... but they really could not give a stuff about the travelling public... they just want your money and if they can do it without having to compete all the better... and they always play dirty tricks to achieve these goals.... people really need to take the blinkers off.

P.S.

Could you imagine in a million years the Qantas IT systems going down and people even having the slightest inclination to enquire whether VirginBlue or any of the other airlines committed sabotage?

No? Didn't think so.

Something is fishy...

A note on history.... Sir Hudson Fyshe has always had blood on his hands... do some research on Sir Hudson, Kennedy, and the Kalkadoons. Bet they don't mention this at the Museum.

P.S.

Could you imagine in a million years the Qantas IT systems going down and people even having the slightest inclination to enquire whether VirginBlue or any of the other airlines committed sabotage?

No? Didn't think so.

Something is fishy...

You are opening up some toughts here. Business is business I guess

Business is business... but fair competiton is vital not only to business itself but to those who business serves...

http://www.rex.com.au/MediaAndPressClippings/ShowNews.aspx?Site=IR&nid=215

"Australia’s largest independent regional airline, Regional Express (Rex), today announced that it will commence services between Townsville and Mackay from Thursday 1 October 2009."

http://www.rex.com.au/MediaAndPressClippings/ShowNews.aspx?Site=IR&nid=231

"Regional Express (Rex) has today announced that it will exit the Mackay to Townsville route from

1st January 2010. Rex launched the air service between Mackay and Townsville on 1st October 2009 in competition with QantasLink."

This was so blatant.. .and Qantas knew the ACCC has no balls so went ahead.

And don't come in with business is business comments... there are rules and they have reasons...Mostly to protect us the consumer from vultures like Qantas. Think about it.

And just in case you are wondering... today Qantas is back up to their pre REX pricing and dropped the extra services shortly after REX was forced out all.

Guest aussie carl

I don't know any other way to say it ,but.

All media we see is based on true stories and there is no point letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Who knows Quantas may have ****ted of the Packers and now the Packers have it in for them or The Packers want to buy Quantas so will run them down until they get it for a song.

Please see previous pages Aussie Carl lol on spelling

"Jayz it makes me more mad to know that you don't know how to spell QANTAS. It stands for Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service. "

Are u a teacher English teacher davidmason1 if so I wish you were my teacher at Kingaroy State School!!!