Hi All!

.Evan.

The forum keeps telling me to post here, so I'd better keep it happy... :thumb_up:

Hi, my name is Evan, and I've been keen to fly since I knew what an aeroplane was. It's only now in my 30s that I am able to go ahead and do it! During the day, I'm a musician, but I've been flying since winter last year, where I started with Inbound Aviation in Ballarat and their CFI Manny Peralta, flying the wonderful Jabiru J160c. I've had a great time!

Currently, I'm on the verge of going for my big flying test for my basic certificate - its so close, I can almost smell the AvGas! I've got an hour or two of solo preparation, then I'll go for it! I've written a bit of an outline of my initial experiences (up to first solo) and it will be in the next issue of Pacific Flyer (I think it will be out in a couple of days) if anyone is interested.

I'm looking forward to seeing the world beyond the training area and finally sharing my joy of flight with the long list of family and friends that want to go up with me (once I get my Px endorsement!).

I look forward to meeting more pilots as I go along.

G`Day Evan and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif!

There`s nothing like sharing the passion of flying,with family members, as passengers!!!

What musical instrument/s do you play? I play electric guitar!

Cheers and all the best,

Frank.

Hi Frank, thanks for the welcome!

I play bass trombone in my job, but I play a little bit of bass guitar and guitar for fun when no one is looking! Guitar is great fun! What styles do you play?

You have your own strip? That would be awesome!

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Evan, glad to have you on board. Used to play a 'bull fiddle' (double bass) myself in a trad jazz band. Even played in the Raffles Hotel Singapore once. I don't think I could lift one now-a-days 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Anyway, keep us informed of your exploits and or adventures.

G'day Evan! Welcome along, great to hear from you.

Seems a lot of us pilots play some sort of musical thing... I play Trumpet, Sax, Piano and a few other percussion things... not very well mind you! But help out with local music events etc...

Great to hear about your flying, and see the video, thanks for that.

Thanks Tomo. Wow, that's quite a combination of instruments there! I wish I had more time to practice the other instruments, but as they're just for fun I'd better concentrate on the main one - oh, and reading my flying books!

Welcome Evan, sounds like you're having a ball! Hmm... quite a few of us have musical connections. My work is in architectural acoustics so I deal with musicians quite a bit with studio acoustics and music education facilities. All the best for your studies & test.

Thanks Gnarly! At work, we're in the process of having our studio space renovated - finally a place with a professional acoustic design! I very much appreciate what you guys do!

Guest davidh10

Welcome Evan;

While I learned piano, in primary school, the interest never bit, so gave it away in favour of other interests.

Once you get some hours under your belt and XC, Yarrawonga is a possibility, although I haven't flown to Ballarat yet... maybe one day. I've been looking into a group trip to Pyranees country for an over nighter at a winery. There's one with an airstrip. That would be a closer nav for you if you like wine.