Hi from Warnervale

NewFlyer

Hello,

I'm up to about 17hrs at Warnervale on a J170. I'm not a natural, but enjoying the challenge. Still no idea if I should hire, buy or build. but plenty of time to decide. Thanks to those who maintain and contribute to this Forum. It has been a good resource.

Col.

Hey Col, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

How are you finding the J170? I'm flying the J160 at the moment, but could possibly have the opportunity to fly the 170 as well!

Let us know how you go with your training and your decisions!

Thanks for the response. I don't have anything to compare the J170 to as yet, which in itself is something I would like to correct once I become licenced. Comments I do have so far. I am left handed and would like to blame my bad days on having to learn to use my lesser hand to do the tricky stuff, but I'm sure my instructor would, with good reason, call that an excuse. Having said that, I think rudder control, is the thing I am struggling to master. But it is all improving. The AC is fitted with a Rotax engine and that, according to my instructor, makes life a little easier from my point of view, for example, less issues with carb icing.

Next time I am flying I will ponder the question.

Col.

Welcome to the Warnervale crew, NF. You can be sure that Paul won't let you get away with excuses. 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif It might feel like all thumbs right now, but you'll get used to it, and the advantage of being a lefty is that when you get to X-country, you can write and fly at the same time. :thumb_up:

• 3 weeks later...
Gidday New Flyer,Welcome to our forum, great to have another local with us. We just gotta keep up the Central Coast numbers.

I to am a Warnervale boy, BTW did you know the Central Coast Aero Club will be applying for affiliate membership with the RAA shortly. The number of RAA pilots is increasing rapidly at Warnervale.

Also you are forgiven for getting the number wrong buddy, but Paul's Jabiru is a 160, not a 170.

All the best and hope to catch up with you one day soon.

David

Hello David,

Yep I always struggle with 6s and 7s. They look so alike. I have a suspicion you were having a talk with Paul a few Saturday's ago when I was finishing my lesson. I normally do my lesson's during the week but sometimes work gets in the way.

See you at Warnervale one day.

Col.

Welcome to the Warnervale crew, NF. You can be sure that Paul won't let you get away with excuses. 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif It might feel like all thumbs right now, but you'll get used to it, and the advantage of being a lefty is that when you get to X-country, you can write and fly at the same time. :thumb_up:

It's good to hear there are some advantages to it. The slightly ironic part is I usually get pulled up for sloppy rudder work.

Maybe we will cross paths at Warnervale. I try and fly mid week, but sometimes work stuffs me up and I have to do a Sat.

Hello,I'm up to about 17hrs at Warnervale on a J170. I'm not a natural, but enjoying the challenge. Still no idea if I should hire, buy or build. but plenty of time to decide. Thanks to those who maintain and contribute to this Forum. It has been a good resource.

Col.

Hello Col, welcome.

Can you put up an ad/promo for Warnervale RA as the info on the RA website is "unclear" and it is one of the 4 RA strips close to Sydney. Somersby is weight shift only (I think) and there is also The Oaks and Wollongong

cheers

Col

vote 1 Col vote 2 Don

One of the key things to coping with flying left or right handed is to make sure that both hands are being used. ie right hand on the stick and left hand on the throttle or vice versa. You need to give both hands something to do, let me give you an example.

You are a right handed person and are going to eat let's say some chips, you will naturally put the fork in your right hand, however, if you are eating fish and chips and need to use a knife to cut your fish, you will transfer the fork to your left hand and put your knife in your right hand because your knife is now dominating your actions however you now have no problem using the fork in your left hand. When flying a similar thing occurs so you will become used to it very quickly.

Alan Marriette.