Heading to Townsville

HeadInTheClouds

Ok so it's not really a trip as I will be in the back of a 737, but I couldn't see an offtopic section to post in!

I wil be in Townsville Thursday and Friday this week for a a Medicine course interview at the uni. On the Friday my interview is early in the morning but I don't fly out till 7:30 that night...

Now my question is, is there anything to do to fill in time for the majority of a day? Won't have a car so preferrably within walking distance of the CBD. I've heard walking up Castle Hill is a good timewaster, but then again the weather is supposed to be crappy...

Thanks!

Ok so it's not really a trip as I will be in the back of a 737, but I couldn't see an offtopic section to post in!I wil be in Townsville Thursday and Friday this week for a a Medicine course interview at the uni. On the Friday my interview is early in the morning but I don't fly out till 7:30 that night...

Now my question is, is there anything to do to fill in time for the majority of a day? Won't have a car so preferrably within walking distance of the CBD. I've heard walking up Castle Hill is a good timewaster, but then again the weather is supposed to be crappy...

Thanks!

" The Strand " is a good place to spend time enjoying a coffee while gazing out at Magnetic Island. Castle Hill walk is also well worthwhile, but probably better later in the afternoon when a bit cooler . Also depends where your accomodation is .

Bob

Guest Maj Millard

Windsors' joking surely......(don't call me surely !). You'll probabily spend most of you'r time on the strand looking at the bikined girls. Whip up Castle Hill if your feeling energetic for a great view, especially on a clear day......................................maj...

• 2 weeks later...

Was there in 1978 and always remember seeing this huge graffiti sign on a 2 story brick wall near the boat ramp, "Hitler banned marches too", they must have had a ladder to do it. Always had this vision of a hippie walking up to the wall carrying his ladder and paint tin in the middle of the night.

Anyway, im surprised they are allowed to protest march here in this state, [thats WA] considering its being run by a mod of Nazi's. Thats the puppets in suits i'm refering too.

• 1 month later...