pali

Pali

Hi guys,

I am a wanna be, hopefully gunna be.

I've had a mid life crisis since the age of 22, at least thats what darling says.

I have had a few lessons, in 152's and the new I think 160.

I would like to eventually get into a STOL, the Hornet made in Taree is of particular interest.

Not sure whether to get a GA or Rraus licence.

Thanks for looking:plane:

G'day mate!!

We all start as a wanna be, then it gets to the gonna be, now it's a needa be! 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

I hope you get started sooner rather than later, depending on how your finances are situated and how fast you want to get airbourne as to what you should start with. I started with RAA as I could afford that initially, now I'm both RAA and GA - best of both worlds in my opinion! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Keep it up!

• Like 1

Hi Pali & 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

As Tomo says, RAA is cheaper, so may be the best place to start even if you move to GA later.

Tell us a bit more about yourself and your flying, where you are located etc!

Cheers

Neil

Hi guys,I am a wanna be, hopefully gunna be.

I've had a mid life crisis since the age of 22, at least thats what darling says.

I have had a few lessons, in 152's and the new I think 160.

I would like to eventually get into a STOL, the Hornet made in Taree is of particular interest.

Not sure whether to get a GA or Rraus licence.

Thanks for looking:plane:

Hi Pali!

How many lessons have you had now and where are you flying?

Good luck with it all 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hi Pali!How many lessons have you had now and where are you flying?

Good luck with it all 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hi guys,

I have had 3 lessons 2 of which were useless, with a instructor who told me about his divorces rather than flying. Getting closer to picking a good instructor, my last lesson was a good one I've also had 3 hours in a R44 helicopter flying straight and level (a good mate of mine owns it) its surprising how similar they are to flying a fixed wing aircraft.

I live in Newcastle and don't have any particular aerodrome yet that I fly from.

Bests wishes for the New Year

Eddie

Right, back to the basics for me. I would have thought riding a horse was closer to flying a fixed wing than flying a helicopter. Pity about the instructor rambling on about his divorces - one of my early instructor used to go on about his flying days - but at least it was aviation and not personal rubbish. Anyway Eddie, welcome aboard...

Hi guys,I have had 3 lessons 2 of which were useless, with a instructor who told me about his divorces rather than flying. Getting closer to picking a good instructor, my last lesson was a good one I've also had 3 hours in a R44 helicopter flying straight and level (a good mate of mine owns it) its surprising how similar they are to flying a fixed wing aircraft.

I live in Newcastle and don't have any particular aerodrome yet that I fly from.

Bests wishes for the New Year

Eddie

Its very frustrating to have an instructor who is too busy rambling on about themselves, I think we would have all had a similar experience at sometime during our flying training. I know I have had my fair share over the years! Thankfully where I fly now they are all fantastic. Rotary flying is alot of fun isnt it! I am thinking of doing a conversion down the track once I finish my CPL. Clearly will depend on my financial situation at the time LOL

Good luck with it all, Newcastle looks like a great place to fly!

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Guest Evan Hart

An engineer I know desribes helicopters as "...a loose formation of parts accelerating away from each other." Sounds about right to me.

Welcome aboard Eddie. Happy Recreational Flying. Difference between flying a helicopter and a fixed wing. One thrashes its way through the air the other flies.

eer