Drifter alloy fuel cap.

zyg

G'day everyone,I'm new to this forum caper but it seems like a great way to gain info & support from other Drifter owners.That said,does anyone know where I might get hold of a fuel cap? I seem to of um lost one! Cheers Steve.

Hello Zyd, welcomre to the forum, I can't help you with a fuel cap unfortunately but have you given wayne fisher a call, he should be able to help

Thanks David,I'll give him a call.Cheer's Zyg.

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago I lost two fuel caps in a row and I still have no idea why. I had one remaining from a stored belly tank which I took to a local machine shop and the owner created an exact copy. This is in Georgia in the US, so I assume you have more economical alternatives locally. And yes, the holes were added for a lanyard ...

A few years ago I lost two fuel caps in a row and I still have no idea why. I had one remaining from a stored belly tank which I took to a local machine shop and the owner created an exact copy. This is in Georgia in the US, so I assume you have more economical alternatives locally. And yes, the holes were added for a lanyard ...

Thank's mate,seems like the way to go.Good photo,I'm guessing the RH one's the original?

I'd hazard a guess at a marine shop, they do carry the one's fitted to my Lightwing..........................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Thank's Maj,tried that,but all they had was a new marine plastic cap & flange which would mean removing the old alloy flange,& that's glassed into the tank ,so I'll probably get one machined up as Mr Drifter USA suggests.Cheer's.

• 6 months later...

Finally got one machined up by a bloke with a cnc machine.Now heHas programmed it more can be made for about $50,should anyone need one.