Landing in my C172 at Sydney International Airport

ovidiu

• 4 weeks later...

(Ssssshhhh!!!!)

One day when I have a lot of money - yeah: I wish!

I shall do some research and get my instructor in the plane and I want to do a landing at YSSY too.

And get the whole thing on video.

That would be so.... "kewl"!

I would probably have to go for a low traffic day/time. (cough cough)

Hey, it is on the bucket list!

super_hero.gif.5d50ddb84d4e7e727183b80b4acbc28c.gif

Guest Howard Hughes

Do it at night, or preferably early morning (before 0600). Believe it or not the landing fee is only $5.03 per tonne for GA aircraft. GA overnight parking is $66 according to Sydney airport webpage.

• 3 weeks later...
Do it at night, or preferably early morning (before 0600). Believe it or not the landing fee is only $5.03 per tonne for GA aircraft. GA overnight parking is $66 according to Sydney airport webpage.

SIXTY SIX BUCKS ???????????????????????????? Gimme a break, I've parked at Heathrow for less than that. . . methinks light aircraft are not wanted on voyage at SYD. Bugger em, I'd rather land in a field and grab a Tuc Tuc.

What's the attraction anyway with landing at an international airport ?? Duty Free shop ? Excitement ? ( Oh Plleese. . . .) They are fast moving places full of fast moving aeroplanes, run by suits who make up costings for a laugh,. . . .small aircraft just get in their way. SO, if you don't really need to. . . . .Don't bother. Unless you have bucks to burn.

If they were not taking the piss, then they would let a light aircraft park for a nominal fee, it doesn't take up any space, and does not require complicated ground handling. They charge quite enough to the airlines thank you. But they are, so they do. ( Been in the industry - know how they think.... ) Nuff said.

• Like 1

Well, we're talking about a city where you can't even get a shitty cockroach infested 1 room apartment for any less than $400,000.... Unless you live way out West, then you can get one with fewer roaches for about that 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif