Prop for 912is Jab 430

DrZoos

Hi all just like to hear your experiences with 912 props, ground or inflight / constant

Seems to me the inflight adj might not be worth the weight ??? / maint

I definitely dont want something that needs torquing by a LAME every 10 or 20 hours as we are vh regd

Anyhow id like to hear your thoughts on whats good or bad in your opinion. I like the sound of the sensenich. The ivoprop has some bad reviews on another forum about using the circuit breakers to stop the adju current.

Cheers.

not sure of the tool you mention but it has got an insert type of thing that is meant to keep both blades at the same angle but it allows too much difference I use a digital protractor and a laser light to get both blades the same pm me if you want further info I am more than happy to help

Can you give some numbers please Phil? Speed, Revs etc......

I usually sit on the recommended 2800 or slightly over when cross country cruising.

My flight plans were spot on at 112kn. I have upped that to 115 kn since fitting the new prop.

The most impressive results are in the shorter take-off run, quite amazing really. Probably due to the 53 pitch instead of the original 54.

Other advantages are less stone damage and not rain affected. Tracking is perfect, no adjustment required.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

• Like 3

What did that cost all up phil?Where did you get it also ta.

I had a credit with Jabiru so by memory I reckon it was $2025 posted retail.

Seems expensive but it comes with a different spinner and backing plate and a few other gizmos.

I had got a LAME to install, took about an hour.

The wooden prop for the 230 is priced well over one K. I think about $600 less than the Scimitar or thereabouts.

My old prop is for sale if anyone is interested, complete with spinner, and all bolts and washers. in good condition.

Phil.