RA-Aus Board Member Misbehaves At NATFLY 2011!

RA-Aus Board Member Misbehaves At NATFLY 2011!

Formal complaint lodged with RA-Aus.

Want to learn more? Request a copy of the complaint from CEO Steve Tizzard ([email protected]) or from President Eugene Reid ([email protected])

Hi again,

I've received requests from several people who do not wish to receive a copy from the RA-Aus and have requested that I send them a copy directly. If you are in same position please contact me on my email at

[email protected]

and I'll forward the complaint to you...

R28R36

The mind boggles ... I have sent details of my email ..Dave C

Could not find your email address - please resend to [email protected]

Dave C and others please note: (its not your mailbox address at TAA, which as far as I can tell does not allow attachment; but your actual email address so I can attach the pdf complaint file)

Guest Darren Masters

Mate, I would also be interested in this. I like to keep up with what's going on back in Australia.

Guest Darren Masters

Thanks for sharing Glenn. Took some courage to do that and well done. Have no fear of this person threatening to sue (which knowing him he will). The letter is one that is public knowledge so there is nothing he (or his entourage) can do. Not to yourself, not to anybody distributing the letter.

I must say, reading it, I'm not the slightest surprised. Finally this persons true colours came through but this time in a public place infront of many people. Through contact with my ex several years ago he was the instigator of vicious rumours (all of which were proven false) which almost cost me my aviation career. That was in the past and it is amazing the damage people can potentially do with their mouths (which he is so good at). I await for him to be stood down from the board. When is that going to occur?

Please keep me posted.

Well done to the complainant also for having the courage to do so.

Guest Darren Masters

Further, I'd love to know how many have come from 'that' forum to this one. I bet you there's quite a few! He's done lots of harm to lots of people here...

Guest David C

As a RAAus member , I needed and deserved to see the report . Many thanks for publishing it . Why am I not surprised re this person ..

Dave C

Have decided to attach the pdf file here for all to see. Will probably get a backlash from the "person" himself but I don't really care. People need to see this.

Thanks Glenn - The general RAA Membership should be outraged by one of their board Members behaving in this manner.

Suggest all people outraged send their disappointment to Steve Tizzard CEO RA-Aus. Have no fear as Steve is on our side and will be more than glad to recieve your input...

(email: [email protected] )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh how I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

This reminds me that I heard an interesting story from Temora too about someone.

A certain high-ranking member of a certain organisation was walking past the stand of an RA-Aus member who was selling items from his pseudo pilot shop.

The high-ranking member said "Good Morning Mr. X" or words to this effect.

Mr. X replied back with a half dozen expletives to the high-ranking member calling him all sorts of names.

Maybe you can guess who it was that was yelling out the expletives? (don't even write your answer here as we almost all already know the answer)

PS: Here is a clue. It's the same person that verbally abused an aircraft importer (based on the type of aircraft he was selling) 2 Avalon's ago and by the end if his tirade was frothing at the mouth with a crowd of over a dozen people watching!

• 1 month later...
Have decided to attach the pdf file here for all to see. Will probably get a backlash from the "person" himself but I don't really care. People need to see this.

I have just come over from the dark side and I would like to thank you for this post and attachment. I was never "in the click" over there, thank goodness, and was unaware of any of this. It does'nt supprise me though. Thank you for the proof and not just the rumors and inuendo that prevail on what I would say was that other failing site

Cheers Scotty

I have just come over from the dark side and I would like to thank you for this post and attachment. I was never "in the click" over there, thank goodness, and was unaware of any of this. It does'nt supprise me though. Thank you for the proof and not just the rumors and inuendo that prevail on what I would say was that other failing siteCheers Scotty

Thanks for coming over Scotty.

You were never in the click, then one click and you're gone!

Makes you feel like one of those "chips ahoy" biscuits on the TV advert (see below) One by one they are going until all of a sudden one is left and then he is gone!

[ame]

[/ame]

Thanks for sharing Glenn. Took some courage to do that and well done. Have no fear of this person threatening to sue (which knowing him he will). The letter is one that is public knowledge so there is nothing he (or his entourage) can do. Not to yourself, not to anybody distributing the letter.I must say, reading it, I'm not the slightest surprised. Finally this persons true colours came through but this time in a public place infront of many people. .......

I know this event took place, I was at Temora and Ian told me he had told this bloke to "PiXX off". Whilst Ian legally has the right to not serve who he chooses, rudeness is so unnecessary and only damages his own credibility. Any argument that Ian’s refusal to provide the parts was a safety issue is not valid, it was their choice to fly or not, or seek parts elsewhere. The real issue is whether his behaviour was appropriate.

At that time I was one of the people who were Ian’s greatest supporters ... that all ended on the morning of Sunday October 9 when along with Don Ramsay, our newly elected RA Aus Board member for NSW/ACT, I was deleted from his Rec Flying site and every post and PM that I had ever put up over more than two years. Don and I were two of the most regular posters on his site and were generally well received.

We were outspoken on issues that we believed were important to the members. Ian's posts became increasingly aggressive towards the new Board of which he was a major proponent who had only just been elected. By Saturday night 8th of October I had lost tolerance of what appeared irrational post by him and posted a reply on the thread on the new RAA Board meeting. My reply was measured, professional and in no way vitriolic, but it held him accountable for his statements. My post did not break any site rules, it simply challenged him. On the Sunday morning, my post along with the whole thread was deleted and the Rec Flying site pulled off the air while he deleted everything involving Don and myself.

He then started a thread "Politics and this Site" and accused Don Ramsay and I (by name) of causing all the politicking on his site and made misleading representations about our involvement.

Most of the masses are smart (I hope) and would see through all that.

What is amazing is that the man campaigned for openness and transparency at the RA Aus Board level accusing the Board of secrecy and yet operates his site in the most closed and censored manner, immediately removing any post that he does not agree with. He invited me into his home; he regularly called me and asked me for guidance on issues, he asked me to be a part of his management team and specifically to be his political adviser. He never emailed me on any sensitive issue, the communication was always a PM or phone call, all such records have been deleted. This is a deeply disturbing event from my perspective. Many of us supported him financially and morally and in this instance I was deleted with no warning, no phone call and no correspondence.

The difference here is that Ian is free to come on this site and free to reply to my allegations, unlike his site where he denied me any right of reply and completely controls the content.

Sincerely

Hey David, do you have a copy of your final post on the other forum, and can we see it? If you're not comfortable posting it publicly again, will you email it to me please?I notice that CFI's last words over there disappeared fairly smartly too.

Yes CFI posted about how disgraceful the state of affairs were and his post was removed within seconds.

I do ... have a copy of my post

Glenn or Mods,

I have a copy of my last post on RF. Would it breach any copyright laws if I post it here?

It is a post containing Ian's comments with my comments against each of his statements.

Guest Darren Masters
Yes CFI posted about how disgraceful the state of affairs were and his post was removed within seconds.I do ... have a copy of my post

Glenn or Mods,

I have a copy of my last post on RF. Would it breach any copyright laws if I post it here?

It is a post containing Ian's comments with my comments against each of his statements.

Don't know what disclaimers etc there are on the other forum? Might be better to email rather than publicly post? I know you guys are hurt (and rightly so) and that's why you are here. I just feel you have to be careful of posting certain 'articles of interest'. I have contacted Glenn in regards to this and await his thoughts.

Guys would much prefer it if this thread could cease, but I believe in free speech. Please pass any or all info on to each other via email or pm, thank you

Guys would much prefer it if this thread could cease, but I believe in free speech. Please pass any or all info on to each other via email or pm, thank you

Thanks Glenn; this is a dilemma for me in that I do not wish to be vitriolic in my reactions to what has happened across the road, but I genuinely wrestle with what is appropriate to say and what is not and whether or not I have a moral obligation to warn my fellow forumites and friends in RAA or whether I should maintain silence and let them all find out the hard way.These forums are the only way that we can reach the masses in aviation to freely discuss these issues. I realise that as a forum owner this may at times cause you to consider whether something should continue or be shut down. These are our comments and you cannot in any way be held responsible for them as long as they are objective, state the facts as perceived and not vitriolic.

What is happening as we speak is that the owner of the other place maintains a public vitriolic attack on Don Ramsey and myself on his site and we have no right of reply.

We simply wanted to put forward to our friends what really happened as a warning to everyone about who they are dealing with. There is a consistent thread of inappropriate behaviour over several years with this fellow.

Thanks so much for allowing us to say what we have.

If anyone wants a copy of my last post on RF PM me and I will consider sending it to you only in the interests of protecting any further offense by our 'friend'.

Sincerely,

Guest Michael Coates

Hello guys, I fully sympathise with you but would strongly recommend that it is best to just walk away and don't give it another thought. Any actions you take to clear your name or otherwise will get immediate unwelcome attention, the truth instantly distorted, the facts reversed and if that still doesn't work it will just get made up, avoid all of this frustration and let it all rest.

I have been personally attacked by the individual for almost 5 years, he had the police launch an investigation (and they found no proof whatsoever to his claims) I have had him contact all of my suppliers and tell them I am a bad person etc etc. he has written to everybody of any important to try and discredit my name on probably 50 occasions, fortunately most are fairly smart individuals and see straight through it.

I played the game for about 4 months trying to clear my name but you are correct that you have absolutely no right of reply in anyway whatsoever and all of your efforts will be fruitless. I know how much you desperately want to tell the world that what he is writing is incorrect but you just have to to let it go and be satisfied that the people who really know you will not listen to the rubbish.

It is my opinion that this individual suffers from a mental illness which is very well documented on the Internet, do a search on [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism[/ame] and find out about this destructive disorder. It must be hell to live with for his family and children, they are probably getting his abuse worse than we ever have through the Internet so don't feel you are the most disadvantaged in any way because there are probably others including family members who have to tolerate this behaviour/disorder continuously.

Anyway, welcome aboard and I would agree with the owners of the website to use private messages between each other rather than pollute this website which for the past many years has been excellently run and to the best of my knowledge never moderated, let's try and keep it that way and make it a joy for everybody that is already here.

Spread the word that TheAussieAviator.net is the place to visit !

Hello guys, I fully sympathise with you but would strongly recommend that it is best to just walk away and don't give it another thought. ............Anyway, welcome aboard and I would agree with the owners of the website to use private messages between each other rather than pollute this website which for the past many years has been excellently run and to the best of my knowledge never moderated, let's try and keep it that way and make it a joy for everybody that is already here.

Spread the word that TheAussieAviator.net is the place to visit !

Thank you Michael for refreshing rational advice. I agree with you and will take your advice.

Hello guys, I fully sympathise with you but would strongly recommend that it is best to just walk away and don't give it another thought. Any actions you take to clear your name or otherwise will get immediate unwelcome attention, the truth instantly distorted, the facts reversed and if that still doesn't work it will just get made up, avoid all of this frustration and let it all rest......Spread the word that TheAussieAviator.net is the place to visit !

Hear hear... Thanks Michael.