Another legal alien

bas

Long alienated from you-know-where, I thought I'd have a look around here.

Recreational pilot, owner of a SportStar hangared at Gawler (shares available!) and co-creator of OzRunways.

I may at some point even had an attempt at running for the RA-Aus board.

Question: I must be blind, but is there a function here, as there is on so many forums, to view the latest active topics? The "latest posts" widget doesn't quite cut it and clicking into each and every forum to see if there is anything new...

G'day Bas - Long time no hear. Nice to see you on here as well.

Incidentally, I look at the latest posts bar on the right side of the screen. Lists the last 10 posts

Cheers

Dexter

DWB, that link works the same as the one in the left hand box.

Welcome Bas. You can like DWB said look at the box on the right for the latest posts or you can scroll to the bottom on the main page where there is a box of statistics. Click on "top 5 stats" then "view more" then you can select up to 200 items to show.

There will be better options once the new software is up and running

Hi Bas,

Good to see you are still around at least one forum, we missed you from that other one. But hey, Don and I are no longer there either we were both deleted ... including every post. Then he had the gall to ask Don back ...??????

Guest Michael Coates

OzRunways is great including the soon to be released flight planning options.... (I have had a sneak peak)

Also just did 2 weeks using the KneeDock sold by Bas and its terrific! Much better than others in the market i have tried and cheaper too....

WELCOME Bas and congratulations on the HARD work to get your program accepted by most Australian pilots ! Well Done!

Jees Michael ... with a face like that you could sell anything .. LOL. I agree, Bas has done a great job getting his product so widely accepted. I haven't seen it yet but sure hear plenty of good reports. Well done Bas.

Thanks for the praise guys, but don't forget there's a *lot* of work in there by Neil and Rowan too. :) We have a great team, and it's growing too. (we're keep what these people are working on a secret for now!)

We're getting multi-leg flight planning soon, we've sent the first beta to developers on Tuesday. They are already using it in ways we never did, so there is some more fixing and finishing to do - but that is why they call it testing...

Here, have a sneak peek! http://www.ozrunways.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/OzRunwaysFlightPlanner2.5.pdf Stuff already looks different (better) from some of the screens there, but it will give you some idea about the functionality you are going to get. (Terrain won't be in the next release, but soon after.)

Brilliant Bas ... cant wait to get the upgrade.

Like the double tap change on the goto ... I have turned mine off a couple of times by accident.

Cheers

Vev