Raa Upset ??

Guest Michael Coates

Guest Michael Coates

News today at the airfield was we lost 2 board members yesterday that resigned ?? Anyone know more or can confirm?

Guest avi8tr

I heard on Facebook that it was Don Ramsay (NSW?) and Bill Cain (Vic).

NO idea why! What on earth is going on!!!

Guest David C

Not a Facebook fan myself , however , thanks for the info .. " what on Earth is going on " indeed ! ..

Seems to me if this latest news has some voracity there is systemic disfunctionality within the RAAus ..

Dave C

Guest avi8tr

Disappointing then, as I convinced Bill to nominate for Victoria as I knew he had a good chance of beating someone else that was threatening to nominate. Goodness knows what they are up to unfortunately. Both Don and Bill are of a very strong character, so it must be something moderately significant to cause this.

Guest Michael Coates

The way I see all of these problems are as follows. No organisation/Association ever works perfectly, there is always some sort of conflict when you try to get 12 people together working in unison. These people come and go as we have seen above, it may have been sinister or it may have been a family matter which made them resign and the timing could be just coincidental ? Where I do have a problem however is we, the membership, never get told anything so it is up to our feverishly working minds the plot good reasons why they have gone..... The RAA should just come out with a simple statement in my opinion saying that two of the board members have left because of..... Then there is no room or innuendo. (Just my opinion)

Don has said in an email to the many who had regular contact with him that all will be eventually revealed & I believe we have to respect his & Bill Cain's right to make their explanation in their own time for reasons best known to them. Suffice to say that they are related to the Board. Given that fact, I don't believe the Board are going to come out with anything more than a statement to say they have resigned. Whilst some are aware of some of the difficulties it would not be prudent, to be made public, to come from anyone but Don & Bill themselves. It is believed that there could be still one or 2 more resignations in the wind as well. To allay any fears of anything illegal going on I can tell you that Don has stated this is not the case on the part of any Board Member.

Guest David C

Thanks Dexter .. I have emailed the CEO of RAAus this morning seeking clarity of the situation , I'm not holding my breath though , but at least I think we as members deserve some degree of transparency ..

Dave C

Guest Michael Coates

Another often unthought of consideration is the cost of replacing these guys and bringing the new replacement up to speed.... no doubt we will have to go through more elections to appoint replacements. I would however be happy to offer the position of the person who recently came second or third to see if they still maintain an interest in joining the board. At least this way we don't have to go through all of the added cost of replacement of the new board members. No idea if this is against the Constitution but it makes sense to me!

It is a bit of a shambles ATM. I realy hope that a happy medium is found sooner rather than later.. Also I think it is better for the truth to be printed in the RAA magazine and the RAA web site when/if people leave. Whether a volunteer board member or a employee.Whether they leave on their own accord or they are dismissed. (in this case they have resigned, that has not always been the this case in the past) The reason I say this, is because in these modern times with the internet etc.Rumours get out there very very quickly.The truth normally comes out in the end.Best to nip these things in the bud than let false information get bandied around and the truth come out on a later date.We are all human and not everybody is going to get along.

• Like 1

Guest avi8tr

Certain people out there are claiming to have solicitors letters and details of conspiracy theories. What a load of crap. Some people should grown up get a life. People come and go from organisations on a daily basis for any number of reasons. With some of the crap that is obviously going on as a volunteer and not being paid for it, I'm not surprised this has happened.

Guest avi8tr

There are a few ways to leave an organisation:

- straight forward resignation

- being sacked

- being asked to leave and subsequently resigning

I can confirm it was one of these.

The rumours of said trouble makers will no doubt focus around thoughts that there also should have been additional resignations to that of SB.

Business as usual really. In a corporate world it would be no big deal, however with multiple aviation forums consisting of "panels of experts" there will always be some mud thrown.

Guest avi8tr

Yes, he resigned. Above I have highlighted a couple of types of resignation for you to think about that might be relevant here.

The CEO runs RA-Aus under direction from the Board.

Questions about the Board or CEO should be directed to the President or Secretary or one of the board Members.

The Board (in theory) provides strategic direction and funds to the CEO to allow him to run RA-Aus on their behalf.

Questions about the staff or day to day operation should be directed to the CEO. Questions aout the resignations of the board members should be directed to board members not the CEO.

My hope is that the board sits down and cogitates on the process of filling these (rumoured) board vacancies and does not permit the cockup we were faced with last year. The previous executive and solicitors didn't exactly cover themslves with procedural glory.

If the rumours are true, then I am saddened that Don has gone, he is a good bloke who had much to offer a business like RA-Aus.

Col

• Like 1

col...it ain't a rumour!

I was hoping someone would ring the President and get a formal statement about the current board composition.