Wade 240 cam for Subaru EA81

Bubbleboy

I have an EA81 engine I am looking at converting for aero use and it appears Wade who were making the cams are no longer in business. What are people using now or does someone have one spare they may sell?

Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

I have an EA81 engine I am looking at converting for aero use and it appears Wade who were making the cams are no longer in business. What are people using now or does someone have one spare they may sell?Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif G'day Scott, Try CROW CAMS , can't locate the the grind notice atm.......

The gyro-heads on the ASRA forum would be worth a try . ( I guess! :rotary: )

Here's the specs for a Wade 240, straight from the sheet that came with the camshaft

Cam Lift Duration Adv Duration @ 050 Valve Clr Valve lift Cam Lift tdc Phase <)

Intake 283 282 220 0.017 0.4126 054 109.5

Exhaust 283 280 220 0.017 0.4126

With all this info, any cam grinder should be able to produce the same specs. They seem to be pretty well ideal for the EA81 as we use them. The main difference from standard is higher lift, but you must check the rocker geometry. I had to lengthen my pushrods to accomodate the smaller base circle diameter of this cam, even after taking .040 off the head faces.

I hope you get it all sorted!

Sorry about the spacing of the above - I had it all spaced out with lots of space between the columns, but posting the message removed all of my careful layout. PM me if you would like a scanned copy of the original data sheet.

Hi Guys....fantastic! I am just researching at the moment. I was planning on using a Corvair in my Pietenpol but trying to communicate with the guys in the USA who are rebuilding parts of it is doing my head in! It seems they have an allergy to email. They have a brilliant product but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I have an EA81 sitting on my garage floor and I am so tempted to ditch the Corvair and use it. I have paid deposits to these guys. I am going to try ring them tomorrow and if I get no luck, I am going to use the EA81.

Jim....im not up with how this all works. Do you regrind the original cam or is it a different one all together?

Scotty 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

Hi Scott, I don't want to breech the site rules here as it would be seen as a commercial interest so I'll email you.

cheers

JimG

• Like 1