tyre sizes

Ultralights

I think so ultralights as long as you have the room around them ie no spats or mud scrapers or in the case of the front your fork spacing that would interfere they should be right

• Caution 1

i found these bad boys relatively cheap, designed for light sport AC.. 1600Lb rating at 120Mph. total weight with tube, 12 Lbs. i already have 6.00-6 all round, and have the wide nose wheel yoke for the wide tundra types used on trikes.. the 6.00-6 is big enough for a nosewheel...

http://www.desser.com/store/products/850%2d6-4-PLY-AERO-CLASSIC-SMOOTH-TUNDRA-.html

• 3 weeks later...

I notice you are in Georgia (USA I assume) 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I've just built a VGW here in Canada (VG XL in the rest of the world) and the kit came with Matco wheels and brakes and 8:00 x 6 tires. The tires are actually Carlisle Golf Cart tires and were included when I requested the "Tundra Tire" option. They are installed and posed no clearance problems on my airplane. (Although not airborne yet, I am busy taxiing the snot out of the project and I'm happy with the undercarriage so far.)

There were differences between the wheels with my kit and the wheels described in the assembly manual. Perhaps one of the owners Downunder can enlighten us on what brand of wheels are supplied in their kits. I think my kit may have been the last Savannah that SkyKits sold (now World Aircraft Company in Tennessee) before Valter began marketing the kits for ICP out of Texas.

The numbers on these tires (8.00 x 6 for example) give the maximum inflated width of the tire (sidewall to sidewall) x the rim size in inches.

Fly safely,

Nova Scotia Dan1237071965_201312(39).JPG.13e047ac69dea602e8a56b284ba57971.JPG

Waaait a minute............Technam GA is the name of a plane, not a place, isn't it?

So you are probably not from Georgia (GA) and that "GA" probably means "General Aviation".

Oh well; the rest is my story an' I'm stickin' to it. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Nova Scotia Dan

• Like 2