G20 in Brisbane

RKW

Brisbane forumites may like to look at Aip sup h62/14. It describes a 30nm temporary restricted area centred on Brisbane vor. If I read this correctly, it effectively grounds recreational flying in this area for the duration of the G20 in November. The activation times will be confirmed by notam.

Brisbane forumites may like to look at Aip sup h62/14. It describes a 30nm temporary restricted area centred on Brisbane vor. If I read this correctly, it effectively grounds recreational flying in this area for the duration of the G20 in November. The activation times will be confirmed by notam.

Try 90nm 11-18th November

http://airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/sup/s14-h62.pdf

There seems to be provision for training aircraft to operate with conditions, and just reading through it briefly looks as though between the 30 and 90nm markers is only affected above 8500 so that's not too bad. But yes no doubt people will still be affected.

It may still be possible to operate in the restricted areas, to me it just seems they are making sure all flights will be known from flight plans and contact with ATC. IE you will need a clearance/permission.

• Agree 1

Guest ozzie

Remember APEC in Sydney? 100nm i think it was. No one was compensated. They did have a system in place to allow entry to YBK at a given time. The guy in the C337 was on time but the clown in the FA18 put a flare across his nose anyway.