Dynon Skyview

Does anyone on this forum have any expertise with Dynon Skyview? I am having big trouble trying to get the fuel pressure reading correctly and as helpful as Dynon are, it's still an unwieldy way of doing things. Basically I have a Kavlico 0 -30psi transducer installed and the Jabiru engine driven fuel pump should produce between 0.75 and 3psi but I am getting a reading of around 17psi which is obviously erroneous since the carby is not flooding! Anyone have any ideas?

Fuel pressure in jab is very low and measuring these low pressures is plain difficult

Often sensors actually only read from say 5-30 psi and your right down the bottom end of the scale

Add to this the strong pulsating caused by fuel pumps.

Hi I have a skyview and the fuel pressure reads ok

have you selected the correct sensor in the skyview setup also is there a restrictor in the pressure sensor line to dampen the pulses and finally the best method of fault finding may be to connect in an actual guage to compare readings Where are you located

Hi I have a skyview and the fuel pressure reads okhave you selected the correct sensor in the skyview setup also is there a restrictor in the pressure sensor line to dampen the pulses and finally the best method of fault finding may be to connect in an actual guage to compare readings Where are you located

Yes I have the correct sensor selected, checked that after inquiring with Dynon, also have a restrictor in the line. I know without a gauge that the pressure is Ok because the carby isn't flooding, if the pressure was as high as it reads it would lift the float needle and flood. It might be necessary to use a gauge to double-check though. I am in Ipswich Qld, aeroplane is on the Coominya airstrip. Where are you?

Problem solved with the assistance of Jake Jansen, turned out that earthing the sender to the firewall was not a good idea! Changed the earth connection to one of the black skyview wires solved the problem. Big thanks to Jake, one step closer to flying.

• Like 2