Rare sight - two Lancasters

rgmwa

Nice one rgmwa!

I have a friend who was at Old Warden two days ago and watched them there, sent me a few photos. He said the sound was enough to bring tears to your eyes.

He's a war historian and has written a number of books about specific aircraft and Squadrons. He mentioned that Australia's Lancaster, G for George, was presently disassembled and he wanted to know if there are any plans to restore it to flying condition - does anyone know?

Don't see this too often:rgmwa

Saw it lots of times and in far bigger numbers, but I won't say when and give my age away.

At least the video is of friendly flights

The sound of those Merlins is absolutely magic.

He mentioned that Australia's Lancaster, G for George, was presently disassembled and he wanted to know if there are any plans to restore it to flying condition - does anyone know?

I imagine that it would have been headlining news in the aviation mags if it was going to happen. I don't think I have ever heard of an aircraft going to AWM and returning to the sky (but stand to be corrected). One of my relatives did a tour as a navigator in G for George, so I would love to see it fly rather than as an electric light show when I last saw it.

• Agree 1