Xair 618

Datsun160069

G'day everyone I am new to the aviation seen and need some advise on my rotax 618 . I bought the plane from a deceased estate and have rebuilt most of the plane to get it all cleaned up. The problem that I have having is that the egt is running a little warm and I'm wondering what everyone else is running as far as jets and needles and mains etc only have the problem as around 5800 rpm which is roughly were I want to run rpm for cruise . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Thanks everyone I will Oder a couple of jet options and do some testing thanks again

Here are a few jet options but I am afraid that once fitted, your aircraft won't retain its ultralight status:

http://www.geaviation.com/engines/

http://www.rolls-royce.com/civil/index.jsp

• Haha 1

Thanks for the info guys

Yes the plugs after full throttle shutdown do seem lean the gauge is ready 1250 or so in cruise the rest of the rev range is not to bad 6400 revs the egt reads aroun 1100 so seems I may need to go to a 2.70 neddle jet and needle and also I'm going to pull the rave system off and give it a good clean just incase they are not moving freely as it has been sitting around for sometime I'll let you know how's things pan out thanks heaps

Thanks for the info guysYes the plugs after full throttle shutdown do seem lean the gauge is ready 1250 or so in cruise the rest of the rev range is not to bad 6400 revs the egt reads aroun 1100 so seems I may need to go to a 2.70 neddle jet and needle and also I'm going to pull the rave system off and give it a good clean just incase they are not moving freely as it has been sitting around for sometime I'll let you know how's things pan out thanks heaps

Based on that, I would consider making your prop pitch a little more coarse, your revs sound a bit high, an lightly loaded 2 stroke will have high egt's. What static and takeoff RPM are you getting? Thommo is right about making sure your plugs correspond with your egt's (reading the plugs). My friend has a 582 X-Air, we ended up adding a bit more pitch on his 3 blade brolga, he used to cruise around 5800-6000, now it's around 5400-5500, the egt's are lower, neglible difference on rate of climb. Static rpm dropped from 6700 down to 6400.

Thanks for the info mate . Yes I have added a bit more pitch already . The static run and straight and level flight seem to be the same shouldn't the straight and level full power be a different rev count ??? This makes me think that the rave system is not working properly . I pulled the rave system off this arvo and it's all stuck and the little holes that operate the system were blocked so I'm hoping with the clean raves reinstalled and the original jets put back in for a start then should fix the problem ???!!