Site bug with Firefox

Admin

A bug has been reported when using Firefox browser and trying to upload a file or image etc to a post. When you select the upload a file button the file select window opens up behind the site so you have to minimize your browser to see the file select window to be able to select your file.

There is no fix at this stage but it is being looked into. It seems to be a clash between Firefox and the latest version of Flash.

Once a fix has been found I will advise here but in the meantime, if you haven't already updated Flash to the latest version I suggest you hold off.

This issue may now be fixed. A few years ago Apple decided that they wouldn't allow Flash to be used on their devices thus preventing anyone using an Apple device from accessing many many web sites and attacking Adobe, the developer of the free Flash plugin. Now don't get me started on other Apple things like their price fixing to consumers etc but the industry had to try and help internet users to overcome this constraint so for the last 12 months or so a new way of doing Flash has emerged called HTML5.

Slowly many applications and devices have had to adapt to HTML5 methods and us developers have to be aware of changes to such things as browsers etc as they also try and adapt with their updates.

I have just installed a HTML5 solution on the site that after testing seems to correct this issue however it is noted that some of the features such as multiple file (images etc) uploads at once may not be available yet on some unique mobile devices. I don't have every single mobile phone and tablet at my disposal to test every single one so hopefully I can depend on you guys to report any issue that you may have...that would be a great help.

It appears that an image has to be uploaded to another website before uploading to this one, as the dialog box brought up by the image button asks for a URL, at least using Firefox.

It appears that an image has to be uploaded to another website before uploading to this one, as the dialog box brought up by the image button asks for a URL, at least using Firefox.

If you click the image button on the text editor toolbar it does but not if you click the "Upload a File" button that is next to the "Post Reply" button under the text editor box.

There are two ways you can attach an image...

1. If the image is already on the net you can just use the image button on the toolbar and insert the url of the image

2. If the image is on your PC (or device) you can upload it to your post by using the Upload a File button under the post editor box