Smoke oil

flyerme

Tim, can you give us a description of your system....are you just pumping it into the exhaust outlet pipe, like they do on ag planes ?..

It's called the " holy smokes system" from Bear Perkins. USA" designed for ultralight use - specifically rotax 2 strokes.

Perkins powered parachutes

Guest Maj Millard
It's called the " holy smokes system" from Bear Perkins. USA" designed for ultralight use - specifically rotax 2 strokes.

Thanks Tim.....

The smoke doesn't actually burn. There's no oxygen left in the stuff from the engine. It's vaporised by the heat IF some of it burns in the pipe, it will be blacker. IF it starts to burn outside the pipe YOU might be blacker.

I recently saw a pilot smoke the entire strip. The next aircraft nearly could not land as it was getting dark. No wind.... Nev

• Like 1

I'm still yet to fabricate an injector as per advice which improves vaporisation by almost 50%( so I'm told?) ,but I'm pretty happy with the system set up as is.

Figures crossed for dawn patrol in the morning With gopro attached

Will edit vid ASAP but here's a pic

Making doughnuts in the sky

I have a safety switch for smoke (you have to hold it on for smoke) also wired via relay direct to engine ( rectifier reg)as per specs For safety ,so it won't work if engine stops.

Happy days

image.jpg.478e5078ec85eb29b6c0f5aabede97fe.jpg

Found this.... I can get 20 ltr drum of paraffin oil from the fodder store$$?

Might be worth a go , prepared to pay a lil extra than trany fluid for an environmentally friendly burn.

image.jpg.340efcef06f1c38e2037745df336ba50.jpg