Flyin Costs

Admin

Guys, just starting to ramp up the advertising for the Great Southern Flyin and I have to make a decision about costs.

The main cost is going to be a shower block which is a couple hundred dollars and the same again for trophies. So, with this in mind I need to get your opinions on what charges should be made at the flyin. I was thinking possibly a $5 landing fee per aircraft and a one off $5 camping fee per person irrespective of the number of nights.

The Recreational Flying Shop will subsidise some of the cost but I don't want to rip people off and make a profit and I am unsure what the "norm" is for this type of thing. If say 50 aircraft turn up then that is $250 landing fees.

So what do you think is an appropriate charging structure and the amounts

Well, I think its a great idea, Ian.;)

Lets see....... nope I'm alleady here - so..... $0.00 landing fees - yay! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

and.....

sleep at home - so..... $0.00 camping fees - yay! :big_grin:

seriously though, 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif I'm more than happy to throw in $10.00 so my fellow flyers can shower and sleep with their lovely aeroplanes.

Hm... aeroplanes in shower....no, not a good thing. :yuk:

regards

Guest Andys@coffs

Ian

Need to be careful with the terminology "landing fee" and "camping fee" both of those describe costs which may well exist at any time Echuca is used. Perhaps a "Great Southern flyin fee" might be more appropriate. Personally Id be prepared to pay between $10 and $30 to attend, where that cost would need to cover all 3 of the costs described in this email for the w/end in entirety.

Andy

Pete - you're cheating, perhaps we need to have a fee that we will call:

The Echuca Resident that is a Recreational Pilot and due to their locality are trying to attend the flyin for free Fee 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif - seriously, as I have lined a job up for you I can't charge you anything, can I? ;)

Andy - it would be $10 for you and your aircraft (oops forgot, Jabirus are twice the price due to their ugliness :big_grin: - don't hit me, I'm just joking :black_eye:)

But being very serious now, you have a good point about the name so are these the two things that people would expect to have to pay 1. A Flyin Fee and 2. Flyin Camping fee?

Guest Andys@coffs
oops forgot, Jabirus are twice the price due to their ugliness :big_grin:

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif Yep well on the way to closing that cost gap between an ugly but affordable beast and a much more refined beast...that I cant afford

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs
Yep - And twice for ugly pilots???006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Isnt there a double jeopardy rule so that you cant be punished twice for the same crime... In my case I sure hope so :devil:

Andy

Back to the original post for a minute...

Ian, happy to pay whatever it is requires to cover the costs of putting on the event. Do you have a good idea of anticipated costs based on expected attendance?

We'll probably be camping "under the wing"...well next to it at least, not much head room under the CT4 wings...although far more than the Sportstar! Following our camping experience at Bundy we've splurged on a heap of new camping gear...thankfully the CT4 will swallow it all comfortably :)

Cheers,

Matt.

I'd pay between $10 and $20 or even more if I had to. It's the smallest cost of the trip really. My DC Noise Cancelling can go through $10 of Duracell 9 volts in a weekend if I forget to turn it off, so that kind of money is nothing in comparison!

Guest disperse
but I don't want to rip people off and make a profit

very easy fixed. charge $15 and any left over could go to the scholarship program you have running!

Hi Ian, For what it is worth original Ultralight pilots (as distinct from GA converts) have a real "thing" about landing fees. Everyone I know won't go to a venue if there is a landing fee. However they will happily pay a camping fee or a registration fee or something fee. But not a landing fee.

Regards

John