The Oaks to YHOX 29th June 2006

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Just a few pics folks from yesterdays flight in Jabiru 1817 out of The Oaks with David C at the controls this time. Brilliant flying too mate. Always good to hear the blades of grass before touch-down. We departed The Oaks and then tracked out to YHOX for a couple of touch-and go's.

Dave at the controls

Somewhere near Bringelly

Shopping centre near YHOX Khans Hill or similar??

Some nice scenery

Need something from the 7 Eleven on the way in??

Finals into The Oaks

darrenmasters

Guest Guest

May I ask, What is the big black thing in the first photo in front of the pilots head in front of the stall warning horn? Is that aircraft factory built? It seems to have no lining in it? Noisy?

Guest Fred Bear

Noisy? Not as noisy as the Bantam:big_grin: Dave might be able to help you with the other questions as it is not the aircraft I fly.

Guest David C

There was definately nothing lurking up there when I did the pre flight check , so I guess it's just a shadow off the flash . The aircraft is factory built , but has undergone a lot of work and I guess the lining has never been replaced . I hasten to add it is not my aircraft , and it doesn't seem any noisier than any other Jab I have flown either .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Fred Bear

I have finally worked out what the object in the pic was after flying the Jabiru the other day. Because I was a fair way back when I took this pic I realised that it's the compass in the middle of the windscreen. It had us all baffled for a while.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif