Cessna 140 hire

Are you looking to private hire an aircraft?

Available is this Cessna 140 tail wheel aircraft. It's a great aircraft to fly and learn your tail wheel time on.

Offering this at $75per hr dry or $110inc gst wet. Based at Orange airport.

Block times also available.

image.jpg.2f08ce370f1867a28f585f10675b6ff6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SrPilot
Are you looking to private hire an aircraft? Available is this Cessna 140 tail wheel aircraft. It's a great aircraft to fly and learn your tail wheel time on.

Nice looking C140. It has been a long time since I've seen one for rent but it's a great airplane to learn taildragger techniques in, and a nice little airplane to bone up on basic cross-country flying and navigating. I owned a C120 some years ago. It's had about 7-8 owners, and it's never been based more than 100 miles or so from its original home, although it's been flown all the way across the United States and to many other points. Of the five taildraggers I've owned, it was the one that kept me honest and practiced. The Hiperbipe and the Citabria KCAB were a bit challenging but it was the C120 that kept me up to speed on takeoffs and landings. Not as challenging as a Luscombe, but not as benign as my RV-3A or GlaStar. I loved to take the C120 to grass-strip flyins whenever I could find one within a reasonable distance. Have fun with your C140. j

I'd be interested to get some more tailwheel practice, maybe take it for a week if that's possible.

Only isssue would be the cabin space, my old instructor had a C120 and he reckoned that it was a bit cozy (and he is not a big guy by any means).

Is there any chance that I could fold my 1.95m long frame in it, in some comfort? I have no problems in other Cessnas flew a C162, 150 and multiple generations of 172.

No hurry tho, will be overseas for the next 5-7 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...