My new toy

Admin

Well the secret is out why I am selling my CT and Gazelle. For stress release here at work (I work for Australian Air Express at Melbourne Airport) the boss says we have to have some relaxation activities so we all go flying - no not in one of our 727's, 737's or BAE 146's unfortunately.

So today I will be buying my very own brand new aircraft. After consulting heavily with my work colleagues I have decided to get the same as another guy here in the office - it is great to have so much learned resources in aircraft at my fingertips.

So here it is, my brand new aircraft ;) My New Aircraft ;) ;) ;)

Guest browng

You will be needing the new RAAus rotary endorsement then? ;). I tried flying my sons R/C helicopter, and it would be stretching the truth to say I stayed airborne for 20 seconds at any time, those things are a real challenge!

I have a Lama V3

it's a challenge but great fun, need some new blades though as I got a little close to a plastic chair, did some major damage. Next set I am going to put some sticky tape on the leading edge to give it some protection from my learning/ training.

Most Amazing Much Much Much flying fun inside when it is to windy to fly the real birds!

Safe Skies

Cheers Guy

Guest brentc

I've got a similar unit the Bell47 Twister. A fantastic machine overall. They were originally $300 and now around $220. Unbelievable stable to fly and once you've been through the first few sets of blades there will be no stopping you.

I hope you don't go into competition with the Robinson choppers mentioned in the current Flight Safety. 8 of 19 accidents were choppers.

I havn't been able to fly one any sense in flight sim. Good luck

Guest browng

I though about doing a rotary conversion of my PPL a few years back. I did 2.5 hours instruction and made approximately zero progress. I wasn't disappointed though, the more I learned the more I realized that the damn things are NOT aircraft, they are a bunch of components, held together entirely by 'Jesus bolts', all trying to escape from each other....

Guest Ranger

Hi Geoff,

More info hmmm......It's a 50 size nitro motor in a Raptor heli, with the longranger fibreglass fuse. Hight capabilities around 2000 ft (if you could see it that is!)

Controlled by a JR 9XII (9 channel) Total cost of heli and Radio.....about the same cost as obtaining an Ultralight license!!

My poor heli has since been sold and then subsequently stolen:sad:

PS. Fuse painted by yours truly.

Took my first flight today - wow what fun. I am lucky I opted for the training balls but after 10 mins got the hang of the throttle (up/down) and circuits - we have an empty room of about 18m x 18m at work but when we move into our new building we will have a room about 30m x 30m to play in - also lucky I got 2 batteries as well.

These things are great fun!!!

Guest browng
I am lucky I opted for the training balls

Hell! I knew helicopters were dangerous, but training balls!....they sure think of everything don't they..:ah_oh:

Guest Ranger

For those that don't know, the "training balls" are placed on some long legs under the heli with the balls on the end of them. They do NOT hang under the heli:laugh: