Looking for advise for our new Ninja

Nachem

Hi There,

we are now in a building process of our new Nynja.

wondering about :

1. Servo system for Aileron & Elevator trimmer. which one to buy ?

2. Battery for the Rotax 912uls

3. Propeller

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nachem

Hi There,

we are now in a building process of our new Nynja.

wondering about :

3. Propeller

Thanks,

Nachem

Guest Maj Millard

Best recommendation for battery would be a standard lead- acid around 18-20 amps. Do not buy one utilising new Lithium ion technology as they won't be compatible with the 912 charging system. Also contact 'Blueadventures' on this site as he is about to complete his Ninja project. A three blade CF prop would suit the Ninja well.

Guest Maj Millard

Best recommendation for battery would be a standard lead- acid around 18-20 amps. Do not buy one utilising new Lithium ion technology as they won't be compatible with the 912 charging system. Also contact 'Blueadventures' on this site as he is about to complete his Ninja project. A three blade CF prop would suit the Ninja well.

Lithium ion are too unstable for any aircraft, no matter the charging system. Lithium Iron is fine and is much lighter than lead acid.

• Agree 1

Lithium ion are too unstable for any aircraft, no matter the charging system. Lithium Iron is fine and is much lighter than lead acid.

My 10 yr old Skyranger V Max still has the original Odyssey battery

My trim works well with a simple Bowden cable set up, adding a servo seems to me to be unnecessarly complicated

Kit was built with 80hp Rotax and a Keiv prop with a brass leading edge, operations from paddocks and gravel airstrips severely damaged

the leading edges to the point where the epoxy suffered and the edges were beginning to separate.

Replaced with Kool prop with stainless leading edges riveted to the blade and a much more serviceable result.

Probably not very relevant to your bigger motor and different wing.

I suspect that the most useful addition that could have been made to my installation would have been an oil thermostat.

best wishes with your build

David h

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My 10 yr old Skyranger V Max still has the original Odyssey battery

My trim works well with a simple Bowden cable set up, adding a servo seems to me to be unnecessarly complicated

Kit was built with 80hp Rotax and a Keiv prop with a brass leading edge, operations from paddocks and gravel airstrips severely damaged

the leading edges to the point where the epoxy suffered and the edges were beginning to separate.

Replaced with Kool prop with stainless leading edges riveted to the blade and a much more serviceable result.

Probably not very relevant to your bigger motor and different wing.

I suspect that the most useful addition that could have been made to my installation would have been an oil thermostat.

best wishes with your build

David h

Hi There,we are now in a building process of our new Nynja.

wondering about :

3. Propeller

Thanks,

Nachem

Hi Nachem

Steve woods on this forum has an electric trim system fitted to his Nynja.

I've installed the Odyssey battery in mine, not yet flown still finishing off, may be heavy by are reliable and last.

Re propellor may be best to use whats recommended and available over your way. I have a DUC and the Keiv's and bolly's are popular as well.

Also check in your kit about the s/s tabs that are attached to the leading edge and traing edge tubes and the jury struts attach to these; mine were the light material type and the kit also had the newer heavier / thicker material so read the manual and decide if you build with the thicker s/s 90 degree tabs or use hinge eye bolts. I changed mine out for the thicker s/s parts as they allow more standoff away from the wing tubes which allows more distance to the edge of the jury strut bolt holes.

Happy building.

Mike

• Agree 1

wondering about :

3. Propeller

Thanks,

Nachem

Hi Nachem

Steve woods on this forum has an electric trim system fitted to his Nynja.

I've installed the Odyssey battery in mine, not yet flown still finishing off, may be heavy by are reliable and last.

Re propellor may be best to use whats recommended and available over your way. I have a DUC and the Keiv's and bolly's are popular as well.

Also check in your kit about the s/s tabs that are attached to the leading edge and traing edge tubes and the jury struts attach to these; mine were the light material type and the kit also had the newer heavier / thicker material so read the manual and decide if you build with the thicker s/s 90 degree tabs or use hinge eye bolts. I changed mine out for the thicker s/s parts as they allow more standoff away from the wing tubes which allows more distance to the edge of the jury strut bolt holes.

Happy building.

Mike

wondering about :

3. Propeller

Thanks,

Nachem

I wish you well as you build your Nynja over the next few months(?)

wondering about :

3. Propeller

Thanks,

Nachem

I wish you well as you build your Nynja over the next few months(?)

I'm a plus 1 for the Odyssey batteries. You can probably find cheaper and lighter but I've never had a problem with their reliability and it is fairly common to hear of people getting ten or more years out of them.

I'm a plus 1 for the Odyssey batteries. You can probably find cheaper and lighter but I've never had a problem with their reliability and it is fairly common to hear of people getting ten or more years out of them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ODYSSEY-PC625-DRY-CELL-AGM-BATTERY-12-VOLT-MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYCLE-HARLEY-JET-SKI-/321243729579?hash=item4acb9e4eab

Bought one of these. Couldn't beat the price and was significantly more powerful that original at a similar weight.

Can't go past the Odyssey. Size depends on your weight allowance/electrical loading. Bigger the better in that regard. Some ULS's running with quite small Odyssey's.

Too weak a battery and you risk damaging your engine starter system by turning it over slow. Don't forget cabling. Minimum 16mm2.......more if further from engine. There are charts and calculators for this.

Prop. Running a 3B warp drive CF. Nickel leading edge. Value for money but wouldn't consider it anything special or flash. Does the job......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ODYSSEY-PC625-DRY-CELL-AGM-BATTERY-12-VOLT-MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYCLE-HARLEY-JET-SKI-/321243729579?hash=item4acb9e4eab

Bought one of these. Couldn't beat the price and was significantly more powerful that original at a similar weight.

Can't go past the Odyssey. Size depends on your weight allowance/electrical loading. Bigger the better in that regard. Some ULS's running with quite small Odyssey's.

Too weak a battery and you risk damaging your engine starter system by turning it over slow. Don't forget cabling. Minimum 16mm2.......more if further from engine. There are charts and calculators for this.

Prop. Running a 3B warp drive CF. Nickel leading edge. Value for money but wouldn't consider it anything special or flash. Does the job......