Need help at Moree..

pylon500

This is a repeat post, in hope someone can help;

Hi folks, pylon500 here, I am currently at Moree, and looking for anyone local that could give me a hand to get on my way.

Basically need someone that can give me a lift to and from the airport to fill the plane.

Hiring a car or even taxis would break the budget of this trip, plus we can chat (yes I will listen to others for at least a few minutes :)

It is now 5:00 Tuesday evening, if you can help, call or text O425-323-3O6, thanks..

I feel your pain. I redirected to Moree in Jan when temps rose above those predicted and made flying uncomfortable.

Even though I had checked availability of fuel at Moree just in case, the bowser card reader wasn't working.

This was on New Years day with no ability to call anyone, I just had to walk into town and back out twice to get fuel.

I rang a taxi but they were not allowed to carry pax with fuel in containers.

So at 40 plus degrees I did it the hard way. It all added to the memory banks and to be honest after my first ever 5.5 hour day in the plane, I needed the exercise.

It is about 4.5 klms each way from the airfield to the nearest bowser by my calculations.

• Informative 1

Yes, all sorted, thanks to those involved, even the call from Victoria just with concern for my well being was appreciated.

Obviously the double post was just to make sure it was noticed.

I'll try not to make a habit of this for the rest of the trip, going to Alice Springs!!, but the tailwind never eventuated.

Never tried posting from my phone before, has it's quirks.

• Like 1

So pylon did you just post this call for help just to brag that you are out and flying while the rest of us mere mortals are working:stirrer:. But seriously if you need anything anywhere near YQDI don't hesitate to ask:wave: We aren't afraid to bend an ear or two:wink:

I hope you have a good trip and have tailwinds from now on (except when landing of course!) and don't forget to post us some pics so that we can dream:thumb up: