Pre solo test

I have my pre solo test coming up, any recommendations on what to study up on?

That is set by the school, and is the most basic exam you will do.

The exam will be preety much about basic aeroplane knowledge and most likely local airport procedures.

Forget that.......From reading your other post your talking about RAA and not GA?

Hi Robbo,

I see there are BAK test exams, could you give me a link for them please, thanks.

David

Hi Robbo,I see there are BAK test exams, could you give me a link for them please, thanks.

David

B.A.K is an exam set by the school (same as pre solo and pre area solo) and is not a casa exam.

That site does not appear to have a sample quiz. If you have the Bob Tait B.A.K book there are questions in each chapter and they are the most likely ones you will have in your exam.

• Like 1

Woops, ! I put in the wrong book, it should have been "Aviation Theory Centre" BAK book , there were a lot of questions from Chapter 5 Air law: rules and procedures as well as the Ra Aus "Operations manual issue 7 "

Robbo and djpacro. Your answers were confusing and wrong for this new RAAus pilot.

It appears that you both have poor knowledge of the RAAus system.......not a crime.......but why push dud advice?

Anyway, Cheers.

• Like 1

Robbo and djpacro. Your answers were confusing and wrong for this new RAAus pilot. It appears that you both have poor knowledge of the RAAus system.......not a crime.......but why push dud advice?

Anyway, Cheers.

If you had stated that you were a raaus pilot I would not have posted the info I did, this is a general forum on student pilot and further learning.
  • Agree 1

Robbo and djpacro. Your answers were confusing and wrong for this new RAAus pilot. It appears that you both have poor knowledge of the RAAus system.......not a crime.......but why push dud advice?

Anyway, Cheers.

I think you need to go back and read this entire thread before jumping down peoples throat.

As djpacro mentioned he never stated that he was an RAAaus pilot, also not long after I posted the link to the sample quizzes I read another thread where Parkway was talking about RAA AUS so I came back and said disregard that as those quizess are for GA and said I presume you are looking for RAA AUS once he confirmed it was for RAA I then posted a link to some RAA AUS quizzes.

DGL Fox then asked if there was a sample B.A.K exam so I was presuming he was talking about GA because he would have known from that website and also me talking about casa it would be for GA and not RAA

So before jumping down peoples throat I suggest you read the entire thread.

People need to state if they are GA or RAA when asking these kind of questions.

• Agree 1

Hi Parkway

These are thing things I was told to study and maybe in the exam.

Aerodrome symbols and markings

Right of way

Flights over water

VMC for different classes of airspace

How low can you fly to the ground

Privileges and limitations of pilot certificate

Smoking near aircraft

Drugs and alcohol

Max operating altitude for recreational aircraft

Last light requirements

Prohibited, restricted and danger areas

Low flying

Aerobatic flights

Control airspace separation

Airspace classes

Where to find airfield information

Flight above clouds

Formation flying

VTC chart symbology

Accidents and incidents

Carriage of passengers

Transponder codes

Aircraft eligible to fly in controlled airspace

see and avoid.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rick

Cheers Rick! My solo got postponed due to crosswind, hoping to get it done tomorrow. Feeling pretty comfortable with the written part, now I need to put the thing back on the ground haha cheers again

• Like 1

Cheers Rick! My solo got postponed due to crosswind, hoping to get it done tomorrow. Feeling pretty comfortable with the written part, now I need to put the thing back on the ground haha cheers again

Good luck mate. Did my first solo I think it was 1 1/2 months ago. Trust me you will do fine, If your instructor thinks you are up for it, you are ! I was nervous when he first said it's time, but by the time you start the plane back up, do your calls, wait for clearance you are still a bit nervous but once you push that throttle forward all the nerves go your training kicks in. I was actually enjoying it , didn't want to come down :} It was like any other flight {until you look left and there is no one there !} I think I was more nervous doing all of the radio calls !!!!

Cheers

So I did fine in my exam, Narrambeen ricks information was bang on and covered everything nicely. Didn't realise I needed to do a radio exam as well before I could solo haha but I did fine in that too. Cheers for the help!

• Like 1

Guest Crezzi
Didn't realise I needed to do a radio exam as well before I could solo haha but I did fine in that too.

Some CFI may insist on this (& it might be a good idea) but its not an RAAus requirement

Cheers

John

Some CFI may insist on this (& it might be a good idea) but its not an RAAus requirementCheers

John

You don't need a radio at certain airfields and others you do see https://www.casa.gov.au/sites/g/files/net351/f/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/166-1.pdf

If the aircraft is radio equiped you must use it ! So you will need to be able and qualified to be able to use it !

• Agree 1