Pre solo test

Guest Crezzi
You don't need a radio at certain airfields and others you do see https://www.casa.gov.au/sites/g/files/net351/f/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/166-1.pdfIf the aircraft is radio equiped you must use it ! So you will need to be able and qualified to be able to use it !

RAAus solo students can operate the radio under the supervision of the instructor - there is no requirement to have the radio endorsement or pass the radio exam prior to solo flight

Cheers

John

RAAus solo students can operate the radio under the supervision of the instructor - there is no requirement to have the radio endorsement or pass the radio exam prior to solo flightCheers

John

When a certified or registered airport with mandatory radio requirement I don't think you can fly solo especially with radio installed without radio endorsement !

Can you show the exemption is stated !

• Like 1

Some CFI may insist on this (& it might be a good idea) but its not an RAAus requirementCheers

John

At our airport it is a requirement. Also a medical is required even though I'm under ra aus, it's a requirement in our airspace

When a certified or registered airport with mandatory radio requirement I don't think you can fly solo especially with radio installed without radio endorsement !Can you show the exemption is stated !

CASR 1998 Part 64.040 Person undergoing training or assessment may operate radio.

Guest Crezzi
When a certified or registered airport with mandatory radio requirement I don't think you can fly solo especially with radio installed without radio endorsement !Can you show the exemption is stated !

Ops Manual 2.01 4(b)

So I did fine in my exam, Narrambeen ricks information was bang on and covered everything nicely. Didn't realise I needed to do a radio exam as well before I could solo haha but I did fine in that too. Cheers for the help!

Congrats' mate. Good stuff, sorry forgot about the radio exam. I had to get my medical as well. Found out I had a bladder infection and had to go back 3 bloody time before they would pass me :(

• 4 months later...
A bit late mate, I've got my licence now! But I did use that site and was pretty disappointed honestly. The exams were not any better than the free ones that are out there, and I expected there to be some kind of feedback to your wrong answers and some kind of study material for the money they charge. And when I contacted them saying I wasn't happy they just ignored me. Thumbs down for me I'm afraid.

• Agree 1