Torque the Talk

Guest mikmak

Hi all,

I'll start by letting everyone know that I don't fly! I am an ex avionics technician but am still involved in Defence Aviation and looking to get into the civil side of things in the near future. I actually found this site whilst researching some information for a business consideration so I'll try to make sure I don't cross the line in regards to any advertising. I thought I would just prepare you incase I ask any questions that may appear...obvious;like what a specific acronym means (I dig acronyms ;))

Anyway, I am here to learn and hopefully even provide some help where I can on the technical side of things.

Cheers,

Mik

Welcome Mik. Glad to see you hear. Sunshine Cst ... one of my favourite parts of Oz and a great strip at Caloundra. Hope the council doesn't push it out of town as rumour has it.

Hey guys, speaking of acronyms what is WOT? I've seen this a few times now and it beats me.

Paul

Hello mikmak, whats your thoughts on this ADSB thingy ?

Erm, good if you like going in a straight line.I'd have to say I only know the basics. What sort of time span is their between Tx's? Would have thought that perhaps a pilot initiated Tx would be preferable...if you are the paranoid type.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

What other concerns do you guys (are there any ladies present?) have? Better still, it sounds like there maybe a thread for this already. Link anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest High Plains Drifter

Hello again mikmac, I have a question that you may be able to answer.

Do you know which Company, or group of companys, manufacture the GPS satilites.

Regards, HPD