New open cockpit comms that work.

Like most open cockpit flyers I have been frustrated with Comms especially radio communications. Have recently been trialing Sena Motorcycle comms buitl into the helmet with radio interface for UHF and VHF and WOW it actually works very good. All wireless the bluetooth intercomm works up to 2km. Paired to iphone and due to very good noise cancelling Siri works and calls are clear at both ends. HD music if you want it and it works great and ive got a 503 within 12 inches of my head. there is a chap in SA who has created aviation packs. I wont advertise him here but if you want his details PM me. (how is that any different).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Like most open cockpit flyers I have been frustrated with Comms especially radio communications. Have recently been trialing Sena Motorcycle comms buitl into the helmet with radio interface for UHF and VHF and WOW it actually works very good. All wireless the bluetooth intercomm works up to 2km. Paired to iphone and due to very good noise cancelling Siri works and calls are clear at both ends. HD music if you want it and it works great and ive got a 503 within 12 inches of my head. there is a chap in SA who has created aviation packs. I wont advertise him here but if you want his details PM me. (how is that any different).

Are you using a preamp with your set up?

Got it all on order with Adrian down SA.Funny thing with these new Sena bluetooths acording to their compatibility charts on their website , is that they all seem to only work with the older airband radios that you can only get in the US why is that?,and i am not going down that illegal minefield,but rather

stay with my Icom-A15 with the preamp connection.