Sukhoi T-50

willedoo

Ok, I'm definitely old-fashioned.

Why does everything have to look like a flat flying diamond? (Yes I know, stealth, can't wait til someone develops active radar suppression and warplanes can go back to being purely aerodynamic...)

Ok, I'm definitely old-fashioned. Why does everything have to look like a flat flying diamond? (Yes I know, stealth, can't wait til someone develops active radar suppression and warplanes can go back to being purely aerodynamic...)

Why waste payload carrying anything besides wing?

Why waste payload carrying anything besides wing?

Because a fighter should have curves like Megan Fox, a nose like a Betty Page bra cup, wings that would make Fibonacci green with envy and the throaty growl of a Merlin.

Told you I was old fashioned.

spit.jpg.acacf592dbb83608e303fd55352103ad.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sukhoi has started on the contract to supply production Su-57 aircraft to the Russian Air Force. The first aircraft will be handed over before the end of 2019. The contract is for 76 aircraft with the aim to rearm three air regiments.

Su-57.thumb.jpg.f0d75feb21e70769bc759eff45cb196d.jpg

• 2 months later...

This is a short video clip of the first serial production Su-57, 01 Blue, due to be delivered soon. Plus later builds in the background.

Operational status is a couple of years or more later than forecast, fairly normal these days with the complexity of things. It would be a fair guess that they're not 100% combat capable and would be delivered to the Air Force to iron out remaining bugs.