Went to Taree to see the Hornet and Flamingo

Wow, had such an awesome meeting today. Went down to show Ole from aircraftkits dot com dot au the ins and outs of his new website and got the grand tour of his aircraft in his Taree hanger. The guy is amazing what he is doing there in such a small space. The finish quality has to be seen to be believed and when he was explaining all the little design details of his suspension, tyre sizes, wings, ailerons it was inspiring. He has literally put in thousands of hours testing various wings, wings with and without slats, all the thicknesses, various Ailerons and Flaperons... The guy is a walking encyclopedia of aerodynamics and aircraft design. . Everything has a story of intricate detail about why its the perfect part ...my jaw is still on the ground. I got to see 3 Hornets and the Flamingo up close...each Hornet I saw is custom designed to the specs of the owner..with very different aerodynamics and landing gear, the rear cargo area is insane and holds around 40kg... I will stop now...

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 3
  • More 2

i think it is well worth an hour or two for anyone going past Taree to call in there, even if you have no interest in stol planes Ole and his team are a treasure trove of information.

A local product well worth looking after.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Lovely Guy is Ole and his Father, great product.

Was my favorite choice to do something over here with him, but being great people with a great product doesn't mean differences in approach to business can be met.