Video Section Updated - upload your own videos

Admin

Hi All, I have updated the Video Section of the site that is found in the Media Section (click Media on the main menu then Videos in the sub menu).

It is much much better, a lot easier especially when adding YouTube, Vimeo etc videos. If there is a web site of videos like YouTube that you want added then please let me know...you can also add Facebook videos. When you add one the system will automatically get the title and thumbnail plus more from the video url you are adding making it very easy.

You can now even add your own videos directly into the Video Library here however please note that I have capped it at 20mb file size as anything bigger would be a strain especially on the user as the video doesn't get compressed when uploading so it is always better to upload your video to YouTube and then add the YouTube link into our Video Library.

Now I can start moving all our existing videos into the Video Library as I feel it is now much better than the last one...enjoy

Yes, I tested it by uploading an mp4 file from my Samsung phone and all ok so unless Apple does anything different with their mp4 files it should be all ok...but please note the 20mb file limit and that the speed of playing a locally hosted video file compared to the massive YouTube world wide infrastructure which is much much faster

• 4 months later...

I have not been on here for a while and I am dammed if I can find the video section in the media. And videos I have uploaded in the past now only appear as pics. Not sure what is going on.....????