Avalon Airshow 2009

Robbo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David C

I won't be there ... I just don't think the show is good enough to warrant the effort ... That's my opinion,anyway I hope I'm proved wrong this time .. Have a good time though to all those who make the trip , and to all those who are flying in , clear skies and calm winds to all ..

Dave C

I'll be there 2 or 3 trade days - I only go to airshows to see friends or to fly a display. Lots of friends will be there so I don't care about the flying displays (although I will watch displays by friends).

I see that Funflight is looking for volunteers to fly bushfire families into Avalon on the weekend. Free entry and fuel for pilots but you'll need at least a 4 seat aeroplane.

Guest richmondtroy

I hope everyone is aware that it will be the last public display of the F-111 before it is retired! Thats one of the reasons i have to be there, plus i'm hoping to see an F-22 :D

I'll be there 2 or 3 trade days - I only go to airshows to see friends or to fly a display. Lots of friends will be there so I don't care about the flying displays (although I will watch displays by friends).I see that Funflight is looking for volunteers to fly bushfire families into Avalon on the weekend. Free entry and fuel for pilots but you'll need at least a 4 seat aeroplane.

Do you fly displays?

Do you fly displays?

Rarely these days. My avatar is from Avalon 2007. And since you asked I'll quote from Australian Aviation magazine: "... a masterly exhibition in the stock standard and now very dated ACA Super Decathlon Little Nell, including a half upward vertical roll, an elegant slow motion avalanche, and a remarkable knife-edge half-Cuban which he repeated in case his audience, like me, couldn't believe it was possible."My standard Decathlon doesn't perform quite as well as a Super D.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Hi Dougalwelcome to the site and an advanced welcome to Australia.

Thanks, I'm a Kiwi that has flown the coup.

I was looking through this thread and saw a post earlier with the USAF and RAAF potential attendees. However I am wondering what the other attendees are? e.g what are some of the warbirds and civillian aircraft flying. I have been surprised that for such a late stage there is virtually no information on aircraft attending etc. Is this normal for this airshow?

Wanted - pilot to fly a cessna 210 and some passengers from Cowra NSW

Big ask I know. What would be a better day to fly down there? Need to do some organising

Guest Darren Masters
Wanted - pilot to fly a cessna 210 and some passengers from Cowra NSWBig ask I know. What would be a better day to fly down there? Need to do some organising

Oh C'mon, we can squeeze that into the Jabiru :eek:

Guest Steve R

Reports now that they've canned the "Wall of Fire" they normally finish the display with on the Friday Night (assuming the report's mention of the "last night" refers to the Friday night. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/02/26/2501838.htm. Presumably they'll also cancel the F1-11 Dump and Burn ..... This will be my last Avalon I think- Farnborough and the Int'l Air Tattoo look more appealing despite the additional cost

Bummer!!! But It could prevent a bushfire !!!!

I have heard rumors close to the organizing committee is that this will be the last Airshow at Avalon. The operations with Jetstar and new airlines soon to use Avalon will see it just be unsuitable for airshows.