Wanted: Skyfox CA22 or CA25 impala

Naish88

Since the classified section of the site it's currently down, I'm posting here to see if anyone is selling or is aware of some that might sell a Skyfox CA22 or CA25 impala. 

I will consider any condition (flying or not flying) for the right price. 

Phone: 0468559915

Fred 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blueadventures said:

Is a Lightwing suitable, wings don’t fold, but very strong.

@Blueadventures, I'm 100% set on the Skyfox or a Kitfox (impossible find in Aus).

Wing fold is a must for me, since I'm planing to transport that in and out of the airfield. 

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Why are there no Kitfoxes in Australia?  There used to be quite a few, some with 2 strokes and 80 HP 912's.  They are not new anymore and you would want someone to check a few things over. Nev

Hi Nev, 

I have been looking for a long time and so far I only saw one Kitfox coming up for sale a few months ago. It was sold almost immediately. 

Don’t see too many Kitfoxes around anymore eh Nev,  I guess there could be a few sitting at the back of hangars. Flew a dark blue mk4 582 down your neck of the woods about 6 years ago, very nice and fun aircraft, don’t know where it is now. 

Naish, an Aeropup has folding wings and was originally built here in SA. Similar to a Kitfox/Skyfox. The Bushbaby/Explorer is another, once again not many here in OZ. I have a Explorer. ( not for sale though)

11 hours ago, Steve L said:

Don’t see too many Kitfoxes around anymore eh Nev,  I guess there could be a few sitting at the back of hangars. Flew a dark blue mk4 582 down your neck of the woods about 6 years ago, very nice and fun aircraft, don’t know where it is now. 

Naish, an Aeropup has folding wings and was originally built here in SA. Similar to a Kitfox/Skyfox. The Bushbaby/Explorer is another, once again not many here in OZ. I have a Explorer. ( not for sale though)

Hi Steve,

I believe you are right, I'm sure there are few Mk4 sitting around in someone's shed... it's just hard to find them. I had a look at the Bushbaby/Explorer and I really like it, but as you said they are really rare here in Oz. 

As for the Aeropup, I had a good look at it and for multiple reason I decided that does not suit me. 

I'm just wondering where are all the skyfox gone? I was used to see one or two for sale each month, now I can't find even one. 

They are a bit challenging in the landing area. Not a plane I would put on line, or lend.  The Gazelle is a horse of a different colour. They both have a low speed limit on the wings 85 knots max pulling any extra positive "G". There's also the flap hinge mounts and some of the flap actuation  (plastic )that need close inspection. It's complex and involved with the wings folding.. Nev

Hi Fred

I keep a close eye out for Gazelle's online, there is usually one or two about but I haven't seen a new ad for months. The only Gazelle for sale at the moment is as follows

2 seater ultralight plane
Single engine propeller
Original - this was the first Skyfox ever built in 1989 serial number CA-21001
This plane was then remodelled into the first Gazelle in 1992.
Registration 55-4140 (elapsed but expected to pass re-registration. All ADs complied with)
Original registration VH-CAL (de-registered)
Engine 1992 Rotax 912 serial number 3792927
Total time airframe 1106.7 hours
Total engine time 627.7 hours
Cream in colour with red stripe
Logbooks
Always hangered
Rebag at 1093 hours.
Restored by retired Skyfox mechanic between 2001 and 2006.
Located Tucabia near Grafton.
Ph: 0455750599 (Theo)
Additional information:
New fuel lines fitted 2020
Alloy aileron hangers
Cooling upgrade fitted
New charger ignition coil fitted
Lift strut carry through fitted
Spares include:
New windscreen
Spare wheel hub
Spare brake discs
U/c strut braces new
Set of tyres
Throttle locking device
Auto pitot cover
Headsets x 2

You could also call Tony Kerr at Gympie Aircraft Maintenance 07 5483 5170, he is the go to guy in Queensland and might know if there is anything available.
Get a pre purchase inspection - these aircraft are getting long in the tooth and someone like Tony will know what to look for.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 09/01/2021 at 6:42 PM, Danger Mouse said:

Hi Fred

There has been a new posting for a Gazelle for sale online located in the Hunter Valley, priced at $27K

Thanks for the info, however I managed to purchase a CA22 about a month ago 🙂