New Avionics Engineer in Chicago

JeremyL

Hi All, I worked on fighter aircraft for USAF, and I've been doing avionics integration design on Part 25 aircraft for a while. I'm here to learn. I live in the Chicago area and I'm open to helping people with any questions they might have. I've mostly worked on modern commercial and fighter aircraft, but I've also worked on a few turboprop planes. 

• Like 2

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the forum. This forum is open to aviation enthusiasts around the world, with members on every continent. It is however, run from Australia, and the vast majority of regular participants are from Australia, even though it has a US URL. Don't let that stop you from joining in - the more the merrier.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, red750 said:

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the forum. This forum is open to aviation enthusiasts around the world, with members on every continent. It is however, run from Australia, and the vast majority of regular participants are from Australia, even though it has a US URL. Don't let that stop you from joining in - the more the merrier.

Thanks, @red750! I haven't been to Australia in a few years but I really enjoyed it. I miss how good the coffee is there compared to general stuff in Chicago. I currently work in IFC, but I've worked for a major OEM as a avionics engineer as well.  I came around to see if I can help any GA aircraft owners who want help understanding how to update their aircraft equipment, is there a section for that sort of discussion regarding FAA part 23 modifications? 

I had a mate who worked it in Chicago. He got slapped in the face for asking a female colleague if she had a rubber he could borrow. Anyway, he was better off than one guy he knew who got a transfer to Australia for 2 years. Shortly after arriving, he was in an accident because nobody made way for him on joining a freeway. Then when he went back to the US, he had another accident when he stopped on the on-ramp

• Informative 1