Jabiru 3300 Fuel Pressure Light

kiwiaviator

Jabiru 230C. It has a fuel pressure sensor hooked up to a light on the dash. Recently this light has been flickering in flight (without electric boost pump on) No indications of poor performance at all throttle settings. Instead of this red light, I would like to get an actual fuel pressure reading on my Dynon EMS. I have never been a fan of red lights that come on 5 seconds before everything stops. Can anyone steer me to an appropriate sensor? In the meantime, is there anything else I should be checking?

16 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

I bought a fuel pressure gauge from Maj Millard and it has been useful for fifteen years.

About thirty seconds before the fuel runs out, the needle gyrates wildly, giving you enough time to swap tanks.

I had a gauge that also warned me of fuel level - In my case the "needle' would gyrate & then  flip to empty, as the tank got within about 2 L of full. I found this very useful when transferring fuel in flight.

• Informative 1

This is what I use. I have them in two aircraft and over 200hrs with great results. Needs a 5V power supply. $30

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/163191931141?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=xieIH1mFSHi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Shq9KlDPSE2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

• Like 1