USB Rudder pedals (FSx compatable)

Guest eland2705

Guest eland2705

A very very long shot here.

Anyone got a set of USB rudder pedals that they would like to part with. Not being Rockafella, just the other fella, I am hoping that the price is right. Know what I mean?

My Cadets at my Air Force Cadets Squadron would be very appreciative. At the moment we are using auto rudder function, and it really teaches nothing about coordinated turns, and side slips are almost impossible,

Hi Steph, I use a joystick that you twist for rudder, only paid $40. I know they are not pedals, but you can do coordinated turns, side slipping and taxi. The twisting action trains the brain so not important if using feet or hands, much like flying different a/c ie LH or RH seat, center stick, left hand throttle/right hand stick etc. Once you learn what the primary and secondary functions of the controls do, it does matter which configuration the a/c is, your brain will adapt to suit. Hope this my help, Steve

Guest eland2705

G'day Steve,

Yep we have one of those and yes, you can use it.

The idea of the squadron getting the FS was to try and give our Cadets some sort of training in aviation. I understand that you can not learn to fly in MS FSx, as you don't have the "seat of the pants" feeling that is so essential.

We are, however, trying to get a close as possible to the real thing. An hour or two on the SQN simulator is so much cheeper than the real thing, and easier to fit into a Friday evening.

Regards

• 2 months later...

Steph

Just read your thread. Have you found any pedals yet? If not it could be a good project for your students to make some. Here are some picts of the ones I made. I would be happy to send you some plans if your interested.

Tim

• 5 weeks later...

Is there any recommended brand, one that is more life like that specifically for games?

I see this one for $399 - Logitech Flight System G940, it's a joystick, throttle and pedals combo. There is also one by Saitek I think it's called?

Ryan

Steph Just read your thread. Have you found any pedals yet? If not it could be a good project for your students to make some. Here are some picts of the ones I made. I would be happy to send you some plans if your interested.

Tim

They're really neat rudder pedals. Probably more life-like than the fantastic plastic simulator pedals on the market for hundreds of dollars!