natfly 2011

next year natfly temora

:ah_oh::ah_oh:how about some one coming up withan idea as how to improve on natfly at temora ooops

i mean how about us as a flying group start geting ideas to gether so as the ones at coal front have time to get your ideas in place

it is no good telling your mate down the road that this should be done why wasnt that done

my idea to start it off:ah_oh::ah_oh::ah_oh: can a monster raffle be done like a kit built plane be raffled all profits to go into the young flyers kitty:clap:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif neil

It was a great weekend away. Only thing I can think of is a wireless internet network where you can buy time to use the net. Kinda like they have at Motels etc.

....and an airbed pump for Ian....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Scotty

Guest ozzie

I'd like to see an effort to obtain topline sponsers. The EAA has some pretty solid deals with the likes of Ford and John Deer. It may be hard not to copy the airventure theme but this event is going to grow to be a huge event really quick. the people of Temora will make sure of that. there will be a need to have non aviation concessions and such the extra income for the organisers will pay for the need to increase the amenities and infrastructure, or some geriatric band. hit telstra up for the "movies in the paddock" and a hundred thousand bags of fresh popcorn. Who could we get to bring Burt Rutan out for a couple of talks. but what will make it really work is the people who donate their time.

ozzie

Good suggestions Ozzie. I cant see why it couldnt have a display of new cars, Bikes, vintage cars . I spent 4 days there and you can only look at things so many times. Would be good to split it up keeping Aviation as the main theme of course.

The Burt Rutan movie they projected on the hanger wall at night was fantastic. Really inspirational for a home builder like me! It really was a fabulous event for me and my 10 year old son whos still asking can we go next year!

That Airport gets utilised a lot through the year with the Museum displays so things like Telstra sponsoring a wireless internet facility could really be possible and utilised year round.

Scotty :thumb_up:

Guest Wigg

maybe some flying e.g aerobatics flybys some old tigermoths or some of the museum stuff doing something would be good . Also try to encourage the local businesses to stay open all day on the Saturday. They must have lodt out on a lot of trade closing at lunch time Saturday my 2 cents worth. Maybe a concert (country & western style on the Saturday evening. A small entrance fee all proceeds to go to the young flyers kitty as well. Sue

Guest Wigg

With the idea of a counrty & western in mind may I ask Ahlocks being a reasonably local area person , how many high schools are in the vacinity of Temora?? John & Iwere talking about it last night & a suggestion was bought up to maybe approach schools in the area and get their bands to come along. Down here in our area each high school appears to have a (rock/ coverband attached) possibly would not cost much just a suggestion. At the internationalairshow a man approached John (not with a bag of boiled lollies & a rain coat) with a pamphlet about taking under privalaged or sick children for a short joy flight, with the amount of planes maybe a few who would be interested & an approach made to Temora council to see if they had some kids in the area. just a thought.

Seems you guys are discussing the very theme of our "Dalby Wings & Wheels" we are putting together in August. As well as promoting it as a flyin, we have an airshow being put together, car show and shine, ute muster, dyno events, bike events, kids rides, hot air balloon rides, warbird rides and demos, fireworks, bands and of course a licienced bar....community event with proceeds going to a kindergarten and local service groups so they can support those in need in the community. This is our third event and only now is local business getting the idea of what we are trying to achieve..lot of hard work, all volunteers (including me) and very rewarding. :big_grin:

Guest Wigg

Sounds like they could pick heaps out of your programe DD. Would be great to volunteer to get something off the ground for Temora. Another suggestion, we went to a balloon festival at Mansfield a few years back. On the last day they had a closing ceromony which had all aspects of flying in the air at one time it looked just amzing the balloons, cessnas, paragliders ,helicopters & parashutists all in the air together. Also had a small carnival of food vans, face painting, local produce stalls etc

I forgot to mention wigg that we do have the sports balloons flying several days prior to the event, last year we had about 12 flying from memory...great spectical. As for temora, being an aviation tragic myself, I'd be only too happy to assist the organisers in any way if they want to go down that path.